• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt snow bluebird

Snowlover

What's next a chinawoman giving you back rubs in a bubble on the lift chair? Just give me some powder and an old double and I'm good to go!

Snowlover

1. Yes, it is a marketing tool, and although I have not seen the numbers, based on weekend crowds it has worked VERY well in attracting people.
2. Not heated, but it doesn't have to be. It is very warm inside the bubble.
3. I've never complained about my legs/feet getting cold.
4. Don't like looking through a stupid blue bubble? Guess you don't like looking through stupid _____(insert color of your goggles here) colored goggles either.
5. Gondolas are annoying on nearly every level. Bubbles are 10x better.
6. The lift cost a lot because:
Lot's of blasting had to be done.
A large barn had to be built.
Trees and earth were removed (they removed a small hill).
The lift is very long at over 7,300 feet. Most detachable lifts are 4,000 to 6,000 feet long.
7. Tickets have risen 6$ since the building of the Bluebird.
8. Why are you citing an accident that happened 4 years ago on an ancient double chair at one of the most wind-prone mountains in the East?

And lastly, how can you have an opinion if you haven't ridden the damn thing yet?

I gave my reasons.
8)Because I'm saying the only thing I care about is safety.

Mount snow(and almost all of vt) lift tickets are a rip off and this another cost that consumers(yuppy millionaires from nyc) and normal people like me will PAY them for.

drjeff

Yeah you do, unless you want to fight with 5 other people. lol Doesn't the thing automatically go up and down anyway? It just seems if their going to spend 8 million bucks might as well get a gondola. I still can't get over how much money that is for a lift. What does a standard lift cost?

WRONG!!!!

its the choice of folks to put it up or down, and on many days, unless for wind reasons and people are instructed to put then down, a majority go "bubble up" (which also ends up blocking a bunch of wind BTW).

Additionally a non bubble 7,200ft high speed quad would of been over 5 million dollars to install, and the final price tag included Leitner- Poma both including 170+ new chairs for the grand summit express quad (much more comfy than the 25yr old or so old Yan quad chairs) and L-P building a superstructure around the base terminal of the Grand Summit whereas the other lift company that bid the project, Doppylmayr-CTEC wouldn't do either the new chairs or terminal enclosure.

Once again, your ignorance shines through!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

Snowlover

Doesn't the thing automatically go up and down anyway?

WRONG!!!!

its the choice of folks to put it up or down, and on many days, unless for wind reasons and people are instructed to put then down, a majority go "bubble up" (which also ends up blocking a bunch of wind BTW).

Additionally a non bubble 7,200ft high speed quad would of been over 5 million dollars to install, and the final price tag included Leitner- Poma both including 170+ new chairs for the grand summit express quad (much more comfy than the 25yr old or so old Yan quad chairs) and L-P building a superstructure around the base terminal of the Grand Summit whereas the other lift company that bid the project, Doppylmayr-CTEC would do either the new chairs or terminal enclosure.

Once again, your ignorance shines through!

One again....it was a question! Notice the question mark. Got to love it when you ask a QUESTION and people jump all over you to prove you wrong when it was QUESTION. God you are desperate to "prove me wrong" since you can't handle my helmet opinion and the fact that I had all kinds of data/evidence that northern vt resorts exageratte their snowfall, and finally that you can ski blues in pow! :)

drjeff

Lastly, that article you referenced about the sugarloaf derailment of a 20+yr old fixed grip double has about as much relevance to a new high speed six pack with far more safety monitoring features as trying to compare a 1970 mustang with a 2014 mustang - they're both mustang's, but that's all they have in common!!

Snowlover

My talking points on the bubble are my opinion....there's no "proving me wrong".

Snowlover

Lastly, that article you referenced about the sugarloaf derailment of a 20+yr old fixed grip double has about as much relevance to a new high speed six pack with far more safety monitoring features as trying to compare a 1970 mustang with a 2014 mustang - they're both mustang's, but that's all they have in common!!

Weren't their some lift failures at whistler with modern high speed detachables?(this is a question) You're desperate dude to "prove" me wrong.

Snowlover

Then don't ride the chair if you don't like it. Problem solved. If you don't use it, what's left to complain about?

The money....that will be passed onto consumers for "fluff". Sort of like whena ski area starts adding condo's. Wish we had all those old small ski area's back

Snowlover

Wasteful spending drives up the cost of skiing... and putting so many skiers on the hill means the pow gets chewed up faster so we can't all enjoy it.

I can't believe somebody on here actually got my logic on one issue. lol

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Weren't their some lift failures at whistler with modern high speed detachables?(this is a question).

Yes, but the faulty technology used on that lift and similar lifts was replaced and hasn't been used since. That lift company, Yan, went bankrupt after. Yan has no connections to Leitner-Poma (the manufacturer of the Bluebird) other then Yan worked for Poma in the 60s for a short time.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The money....that will be passed onto consumers for "fluff". Sort of like whena ski area starts adding condo's. Wish we had all those old small ski area's back

Wasteful spending drives up the cost of skiing... and putting so many skiers on the hill means the pow gets chewed up faster so we can't all enjoy it.

Then don't ski Mount Snow. Lots of options in the Northeast.

Snowlover

Then don't ski Mount Snow. Lots of options in the Northeast.

Closest one to me and big mountain :( And they leave powder ungroomed. You do realize I'm just venting on a forum right? There's no point in calling mt snow and complaining about that. They could careless about poor/middle class ski bum's being able to ski. That's their business plan to make as much money as possible and nyc is a target market.
Oh and it's not opinion that installing lifts like that increase costs.

It IS opinion that I don't like that.

Snowlover

if you are worried about lift failures and safety Magic may not be the place for you.

That's too bad. I would think lift safety would be a number 1 concern at any ski area. Slow...understand. Not safe? That's unacceptable. Don't they have the state checking that out/inspections?

Savemeasammy

On my one trip to Mountain Snow, I rode the bluebird a few times. It was a cold, somewhat windy day (founders day). It was nice to get out of the wind, which is much appreciated when you are not generating much body heat, but sometimes I'd rather just use the ski on canyon lift. I'd rather be cold than wait in line! For me, I could take or leave the bubble. Of more importance to me is the terrain serviced by the lift. I would rather ride the north face lifts, because I would rather ski that terrain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk