• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow Free ski/stay with a job..

tcharron

Just snagged from their MySpace:

MtSnowViaMySpace said:
The Mount Snow Ski and Snowboard School, Training Center and Childcare departments are already looking ahead to the 2008-09 ski season. Why buy a season pass when you can get one for free and earn cash at the same time? Employees get great benefits like food and retail discounts, a new pay scale, paid training and lift tickets to give to your friends. Work a couple of weekends during the season, or just during your Christmas break, or go for it and work the whole winter. No prior teaching experience is necessary, as long as you can ski or ride we'll teach you the rest. For more information, drop Vinnie a line at vlewis@mountsnow.com

Don't forget to save 15% at MakeSnowNotWar. com using promo code "SPRING"

drjeff

Last year the staffing of instructors for the Mount Snow ski/boarder programs was at about 60-65% of ideally where they wanted it. So they're definately in an active recruiting mode. Hopefully this year for all ski areas that rely on seasonal foriegn workers for some of their day to day resort operations employment won't have a last minute snafu like last October's H2B Visa situation.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
i sorta went through this thought process last winter with ski patrol and this is where i ended up.
while i love teaching kids and seeing them begin to exel like i did with my niehbors kids this past season i don't want to have an additional responsibilities when i am on the snow. the whole reason that i am there, is to center myself because of the crazy job i have. having to teach makes a second job i don't really need. i make enough money that passes are not a problem. this might be a great sollution for someone who is a little strapped, but not me. i do however think that younger kids need to be taught proper edicate and safety on the slopes which is why i spend the time with the kids that i do. my hope is that what i teach them they will pass on to there friends. their parents all comented on how much well behaved the kids where at the end of the season of hanging out with me. which i think is an important point they never at any point thought that i was teaching them they where always just hangin with S3.
so i feel this is the best way i can fullfill my need to teach and my abligation to pass on what my parents and common sense taught me.