• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Snow's Ambitious opening plans

Euler

This is from Luke's blog on the Mt. Snow website.

"Thus, allow me to make a few predictions: 1.)Mount Snow will be open by November 12. 2.)Mount Snow will open the first full terrain park in the East. 3.)The Red Sox will win it all in Boston in game 6, with a Youkilis RBI in the bottom of the 9th. 4.)You will be remarkably impressed with Mount Snow’s new renovations and 101 fan guns. Not to be vain or anything, but we look good. Like, really good. 5.)By Thanksgiving, we’ll have a 16” base on Canyon/Standard."

While the blog is certainly tongue in cheek at times, it shows a great attitude from PEAKS with regard to providing great skiing this year!

Zand

NOVEMBER 12th!

That would make my life right there. I've been planning November 12th all summer for Mount Snow hoping that it'll finally get cold enough. October was depressing but suddenly there's cold in the forecast and they say I'll be skiing when I think I will be.

I'm happy now.

Greg

Staff member
Luke rules it. I enjoy his vids and blog posts. I don't doubt they will do everything they can to get open by then. Mount Snow offered up some of the best terrain available despite the challenging November last year.

Newpylong

That guy is seriously a trip... he makes the snow reports fun.

Let's hope for early skiing! They definitely have an altitude and temperature disadvantage but I think they will try what they can to get something for turns.