• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Narrow snow making trails

Greg

Staff member
Stuff like Annapurna at Hunter. Let's start a list.

Greg

Staff member
I don't remember Annapurna being narrow..isn't it over 30 feet wide?

We're talking narrow by snow making trail standards. It's way wider than 30 feet, but still pretty narrow for a trail with snow making.

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

Like 2/3s of the trails at Camelback are narrow and they all have snowmaking on them..Blue mountain is mainly wide trails but The Chute and sections of Burma road are narrow and have snowmaking..

skiadikt

agree with greg. purna would be one that comes to mind. at k they've blown on powerline which is narrower than purna but nowhere as steep. other than that middle downdraft or vertigo.

east coast trails are generally narrow and east coast trails generally have snowmaking on them..what about Jolly Green Giant at Okemo..that is about the same width as Anapurna at Huntah,..

jerryg

Southpaw at Sunday River is pretty narrow for a snowmaking trail.

jerryg

At Sugarloaf, Misery Whip and Upper Binder, IF I am not mistaking has snowmaking

Loon, Haulback and Cant Dog

Neither did in the past and Misery Whip does not, but Upper Binder may now, but only because of the proximity of pipe.

SKidds

That trail aint narrow!
Agree in general, and that was my first thought. When I think narrow I think Empire at Whiteface, or Rumble at Sugarbush. But you won't find snowmaking on those kinds of trails. So, as Greg said, consider "narrow by snowmaking standards"......and 'Purna might fit that bill. It's a great trail.