• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan 2009-05-31 Afternoon Ride

WoodCore

Back out on the trails of Nassahegan this afternoon with the group and as usual following Rueler's lead and trying to keep up. Rode out of the Burlington soccer fields today and explored parts of the state forest I've yet to ride.

Definitely some great trails north of the recreation area. It's a beautiful pine forest with plenty of single track and fast downhills to start and then a grueling climb back up. Anyway rode this cool section of trail with a fast downhill into a natural halfpipe with at least 3 or 4 sweet banked turns!

After this we headed back over towards Stone Road and did nothing but climb for what seemed an eternity. Upon arrival at Stone Road we messed around a little on the dirt jumps and then headed out again for the next grueling climb up out of Stone Road and into a great downhill and back to the cars for a well deserved cold beer!

Here's the track

FYI, I crashed and my GPS turned off for a few minutes so please mind the gap in the track.

http://crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=556

http://crankfire.com/map/index.php?tid=7&t=556&w=0

bvibert

Staff member
Nice looking loop. Some of the same stuff we hit, and some different stuff. When we went last year we got a little lost in the Stone rd area since we hadn't ridden out of there before at the time. The soccer fields might be worth a revisit at some point.

This is the route that we took, for reference:
http://crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=428

WoodCore

We actually got lost for a minute or two when we ended up on Rte 4 and had to turn around and head back up a crazy climb we had just descended. Regardless, Nassahegan/Burlington continues to amaze me with the amount of trail that is available. I have had a great guide(Rueler) but even after a dozen or so rides it seems like each ride offers up some fresh dirt!

bvibert

Staff member
We actually got lost for a minute or two when we ended up on Rte 4 and had to turn around and head back up a crazy climb we had just descended. Regardless, Nassahegan/Burlington continues to amaze me with the amount of trail that is available. I have had a great guide(Rueler) but even after a dozen or so rides it seems like each ride offers up some fresh dirt!

I saw that on your track, we actually did the same thing last year, except we didn't venture out onto route 4 once we got that far.