• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - RAW - 2009-06-17

WoodCore

Met up with Trev around 6pm on Scoville Road and was shocked at how many folks where out riding. Almost every parking spot was taken! Anyway we geared up and headed out. Started with a Jug a Lug and then into the Scoville Twisties across E Chippens and up the Truck trail. Looped back on Brian's trail and rode back up E. Chippens and hit the Scoville twisties and Jug a Lug in reverse.

According to the GPS we managed 5.76 miles in about an hour and a half with 1523 feet of climbing. Definitely lots of mud out on the Scoville side and with the predicted rain in the next few days it might be some time before this part of Nass is riding good again.

Regardless great to get out and pedal!

Trev

Big Oz pointed us toward a new stunt... over by the aligator bridges. Good stuff.. the actual 'jump stunt' itself, neither one of us hit.

However the small 'roller' version on the left (going downhill) we both bumped over without much problem.

On the way back, I figured I wanted to give it an uphill try, right? I mean.. if I don't continue to try these things.. I won't ever get them.. progress in skill.. etc.. right?

So.. I almost make it clean and I popped out of my new pedals and, honest to god, I just nicked my left calf/shin area.. it knotted up seriously during the rest of our ride back to the cars... omfg.

It's been a few days.. check this nasty ass shit out..

The guys at work claim I goto 'Fight Club' and not out biking.. with me limping around the office.. bruises on the arms.. legs.. omg..

Anyhow - I need to get some sort of shin guards or something. These Egg Beater pedals are great, however they are almost 'pointed' on the outside edges/rim, unlike the bigger pedals with some platform to them.

lol... I honestly love this sport.. but I am soo freaking beat up right now it's funny.

Last edited:

WoodCore

Dude!!

That's pretty nasty! When it happened it really didn't look that bad but, from personal injury experiences as a newbie myself this year I understand. Regardless, no pain, no gain! Pedal on!

:beer:

Big Oz pointed us toward a new stunt... over by the aligator bridges. Good stuff.. the actual 'jump stunt' itself, neither one of us hit.

However the small 'roller' version on the left (going downhill) we both bumped over without much problem.

On the way back, I figured I wanted to give it an uphill try, right? I mean.. if I don't continue to try these things.. I won't ever get them.. progress in skill.. etc.. right?

So.. I almost make it clean and I popped out of my new pedals and, honest to god, I just nicked my left calf/shin area.. it knotted up seriously during the rest of our ride back to the cars... omfg.

It's been a few days.. check this nasty ass shit out..

The guys at work claim I goto 'Fight Club' and not out biking.. with me limping around the office.. bruises on the arms.. legs.. omg..

Anyhow - I need to get some sort of shin guards or something. These Egg Beater pedals are great, however they are almost 'pointed' on the outside edges/rim, unlike the bigger pedals with some platform to them.

lol... I honestly love this sport.. but I am soo freaking beat up right now it's funny.

Gross you should see the carnage one of my friends posted on facebook..serious roadrash..

Trev

Yea WoodCore, dude, it was like I got 'tapped' in the leg, no worse then a good charlie horse.. rofl.. and BOOM blew up.

Anyhow, I bought some Shin/Knee armor today to ensure this shit don't happen again. I have had it with the cuts, scabs, bruises on the legs.. so.. I upgraded from skin to hard plastic.

Ride on!