• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need Smuggs Info

Have a couple of WM movie pre Christmas Smuggs tix which I never thought I'd be able to use, but with the early season snow I'm now very interested in getting up there as I love the mountain, but really want Madonna to be open.

It seems that Sterling is wide open, but does anyone have any intel on when they plan to open Madonna?

Tin

Have a couple of WM movie pre Christmas Smuggs tix which I never thought I'd be able to use, but with the early season snow I'm now very interested in getting up there as I love the mountain, but really want Madonna to be open.

It seems that Sterling is wide open, but does anyone have any intel on when they plan to open Madonna?

No idea but there is plenty of stuff off Sterling to keep you busy.

True, but Madonna offers so so much that I want to wait till it opens, especially considering a 4 hr drive. Wasn't sure if someone had some info on anticipated opening.

bdfreetuna

I plan to use my Warren Miller Smuggs tickets as 2-for-1s later in the season. If you're not aware, I believe your tickets are the same.

KustyTheKlown

how are the woods skiing up at stowe/smuggs? if the woods are skiing well then sterling is all you need to get to the back bowls.

KustyTheKlown

I haven't gotten north of Killington yet, but judging by photos out of jay, Stowe, and even Killington today, the woods seem to be fair game

Tin

I haven't gotten north of Killington yet, but judging by photos out of jay, Stowe, and even Killington today, the woods seem to be fair game

The pond and creeks on the back of Sterling are the problem, probably enough snow but the unfrozen water. I have yet to see a post from the Smuggs/Stowe area on any of the New England back/side country FB pages. Appears as though most in NVT are around Jay or Bolton.

jimmywilson69

There is a lot of water still flowing on the mountains. Killington had stream crossings near Northstar and Great bear on Sunday. Chin Clip woods on Saturday at Stowe had a lot of snow, but I only skied 1 pitch, because it was day 1. I'm sure at the lower elevations, there are still springs/streams flowing.

Thanks for all the updates.

Missed out on Founders Day at MS this week and very bummed since weather played a factor in my travel plans so now just staying close w Stratton planned for Tuesday and then probably using the Smuggs 2:1 after the new year. Keeping an eye on the weather for this weekend and hope the wintry mix doesn't have much of an affect.