• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Years 2020 - Whiteface - Typical/Fun Conditions

dmort

Resort or Ski Area
Whiteface Mountain
Date
Dec 30, 2020
Snow Conditions
  1. Chopped or Crud
Just wrapping up three days at Whiteface - we'd never been here before but always wanted to come. Conditions were, as I understand - typical. Snow ranged between ice, frozen corduroy, granular, to that sort of light slushy granular snow that is typical in the spring. I don't think I'd say we had any packed powder. The summit was not open, as there wasn't enough snow, although patrol was working hard to get the summit quad turning and snow was blowing up there all day, each day we were there.

Staff was super friendly, nothing was crowded, everything was well run. If you exclude the face mask requirement, you wouldn't know there was a world wide pandemic! Lake Placid was in full swing as well. We were up here in the summer and it was much the same then - shops open, all with patron limitations. Masks required - otherwise business as usual.

Hoping to get back up here again this season!

Tonyr

We were up there at the end of the summer and had a great time. It was crowded. Hiked Whiteface, can't wait to ski it one day! Thanks for the report.
20200903_105811.jpg20200904_112317.jpg