• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Mets

Dr Skimeister

*gulp*

Last night's loss might be a hard one to get over. Especially those 8th and 9th innings. We got completely owned by Looo's strategy in the 8th.

Between Santana's bizarre hit on Tuesday night (Black Cat '69, Black Bat '08) and Delgado's salami last night, I figured this team had the mojo to carry it. Today may be do-or-die.

Dr Skimeister

Even if they make the playoffs they won't last long with their pitching staff, especially the bullpen.

If the Mets were to be in the playoffs, especially the short-series first round, the bullpen would have a different look than it has right now. I could see John Maines and/or Pedro in the bullpen. And hope that when the longer, 7-game series came that Santana would be available for 3 starts.

dmc

I was on a plane last night... Watching the game on ESPN from my seat...

When they lost I shouted out FUKC!!!!!!

the flight attendent was not too happy....

Dr Skimeister

I was on a plane last night... Watching the game on ESPN from my seat...

When they lost I shouted out FUKC!!!!!!

the flight attendent was not too happy....

As loud as I yelled the same, the flight attendent might have actually heard me and blamed you.....

:(

dmc

As loud as I yelled the same, the flight attendent might have actually heard me and blamed you.....

:(

HAHA!

I started that flight in Atlanta... Rooting for Atlanta... And watching the Mets on Gameday using my IPhone...
I was so psyched to be able to watch it on the plane... Well... Until.....

WJenness

At the beginning of the season ESPN Page 2 had a list of promotional days across MLB for the season.

My favorite was the last one: Sunday, September 28 - Shea Stadium - Mets give away the division.

They were only a few days off.

Cubbies 2
Mets 1
Bottom of the 2nd

-w

krisskis

Win or not...they still want to make me barf. And im so sick of my husband screaming and cursing at the TV while watching the game...hes been banned to the other TV until they are done playing this season. They play like shit, he gets pissed and then gets pissy with me....like I AM the one to blame for them playing like crap!! :)

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Win or not...they still want to make me barf. And im so sick of my husband screaming and cursing at the TV while watching the game...hes been banned to the other TV until they are done playing this season. They play like shit, he gets pissed and then gets pissy with me....like I AM the one to blame for them playing like crap!! :)

Haha, I do the exact same thing . . . My wife is not happy at all . . . The Mets are such a Manic Depressive team, it's horrible . . .

On the bright side for you, though, unless they take the next two games, I don't see any chance that they make the playoffs . . .