• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Mets

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I'm not really all that upset...as I mentioned in other posts their pitching staff is not all that great. Even if they did get in the playoffs I don't think they would have gone very far.

Dr Ski..was Tommy Agee part of that outfield with Cleon?. Ron Swoboda...what a riot that guy was.

But what about those GIANTS...woohoo!

Dr Skimeister

I'm not really all that upset...as I mentioned in other posts their pitching staff is not all that great. Even if they did get in the playoffs I don't think they would have gone very far.

Dr Ski..was Tommy Agee part of that outfield with Cleon?. Ron Swoboda...what a riot that guy was.

But what about those GIANTS...woohoo!

Oh yea..Tommy Agee was the center fielder. The same Tommy Agee who owns the record for the longest home run hit in Shea Stadium, as signified by a painted mark in the upper deck down the left field line.

I still hold that World Series win in '69 as one of my fondest sports memories. They were Amazin'.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Was it Willie's fault? In some ways, a manager is/or should be the teams biggest cheerleader and perhaps he didn't get his pom-poms high enough?

I'm (at least I think I am) a fan of Willie. Sometimes, though, especially at the end of the season, his mellowness certainly pissed the sh*t out of me...

So, next year:

1) Do the mets buyout Glavine for $3 mil or pay him $13 to stay?
2) Who are free-agent pitchers the mets can go after this off-season?
3) Which Mets are eligible for free-agency this offseason?

FRITOLAYGUY

Baseball has a funny way of coming full circle, whether its over 5yrs or 86yrs like the Redsox.. This was to me my make-up for the 86 Bill Buckner play. Now were even..Minus that championship, this was fates way of not letting the Mets have a chance at one this year.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Baseball has a funny way of coming full circle, whether its over 5yrs or 86yrs like the Redsox.. This was to me my make-up for the 86 Bill Buckner play. Now were even..Minus that championship, this was fates way of not letting the Mets have a chance at one this year.

I always felt bad for Bill Buckner as the guy was one of the most consistant steady ballplayers you could ever want, especially all the years he was a Dodger.

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Glavine's gone . . .

They already have a good starting rotation for next year with Martinez, Maine, Duque, Perez, and either Pelfrey or Humber . . .They need the money they would've spent on Glavine (and Lo Duca and Green, who should be gone) to get some relief pitching.

The biggest loss this year was Duaner Sanchez going down early in the season.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I always felt bad for Bill Buckner as the guy was one of the most consistant steady ballplayers you could ever want, especially all the years he was a Dodger.

I think you meant when he was with the Cubs...., no? I think his numbers were best when he was with the cubbies?

And he was great. It's ashame he will be forever remembered by that play.

Last edited:

Dr Skimeister

Well, Willie Randolph is gone. IMHO, as soon as the rumors of his job being in jeopardy started a month ago management/ownership should have either given him an unequivocal vote of confidence or canned him then. The move that Wilpon/Omar made with firing him after last night's game, a win, an in the wee hours of the morning eastern time was weak.

I have no idea what to expect with Manuel as the new manager. maybe they should have hired Lee Mazzilli.

roark

Totally classless move by the Mets incompetent management. I grew up a huge Mets fan from 83-88 (when I moved to the west coast) but the last 20 years or so of moronic management make me glad I moved on.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Speaking of classy.....Looks like Schilling's not taking his rehab too seriously.....

n13589939707_490118_2748.jpg

tjf67

Willie should be in pin stripes anyways. Things have a way of working out.

Dr Skimeister

OK.....
Mets beat Feelies 3-1 today, taking sole possesion of 1st place in NL East.....
Ollie Perez K's 12

Let's Go Mets!!