• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nov 11th Sunday River

Vortex

I felt left out so I decided to post a thread.

Tin cup mountain weekend at the River. www.sundayriver.com/eventscalendar.html Bring 3 cans of food and get a discount ticket.
A group of us from the Sr board will be there for a meet and greet as well. Many cross posters from these two places anyway. Those who have passes bring cans of food anyway and we will donate them as a group. I'll bring a box for collection.
We did this last year and it went quite well. We do a BBQ kind of pot luck. At least 30 people came last year.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Don't you mean Tin Can? :wink:

Ya' know Bob, I might be game for this...especially if K-mart is a no go.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Greg

Staff member
Hope the 11th works for you guys. Word I got is that Friday is "unlikely"...

bigbog

Saturday sounds good BobR....haven't done anything around Openers in a few years, however this season's 1st time out may be anytime this week.
I hope the temps hold, or at least end up on the cold side... Hope they get some of the cruisers away from So. Ridge open... I'll look at the SR forum, but post up any meeting/secondary_AZ_meeting areas...!:smile:

Vortex

Ak just dropped the bomb that Friday looks doubtful on the River board.

Thaller1, Mr Whaller and myself are trying for the River still or BW if either is open Sat. IF neither are open then we will hike the River.

bigbog

Saturday.....SR or we split up again..

Yah BobR,
That's pretty much my plans as well...the temps at the Loaf are going to stay ideal all week...so if the River's not ready...I'll be staying up here...if it is, I'll be down...if borderline...I gotta stay up with the snow....will take a few pics around...
Will find some contingency plan for later on....

bigbog

Ditto,
Well, I'll be ready to head out to anyplace where there's half decent snow....;-) ...but the short notice, spare of the moment trip during a temperature dive....may be the order of the day...for a while..

Last edited: