• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast!

snoseek

Get out there ASAP just to be safe. Its rare right now all over

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
stowe.png

Putting things in perspective ......+++++ thoughts !
Off year for me for family reasons but looks awsome just looking at snowfall alone, glad to see everyone else having a great year!

Rowsdower

Maybe we just have a jaded perspective. We've got snow on the ground, but we've been knocked down with rain events more than once too. It's not like last year where there was nothing at all to ski on, but its not like you can knock everything out of the park either.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Maybe we just have a jaded perspective. We've got snow on the ground, but we've been knocked down with rain events more than once too. It's not like last year where there was nothing at all to ski on, but its not like you can knock everything out of the park either.

Setting up for a great spring , JB says end of the month and March is going to be cold . Poconos ....? Hopefully my schedule can clear but it would take a miracle

Glenn

March can really deliver. I remember a number of years ago my wife and I had a long weekend in March and had some incredible mid winter conditions.

drjeff

Just need more than anything to hope for a return of an active weather pattern (especially after this Wednesday's storm) to keep the chances of storms going.

As the sun gets stronger, even in cold weather it will cause some sublimation and loss of the pack. I'd rather see an active weather pattern, even if it involves an occasional mixed and/or some plain old liquid, than a cold, dry pattern to really help augment what has been a GOOD last few weeks of base building

And if the forecast for this weekend holds true, my hunch is that they'll be numerous areas, both large and small, reporting record crowds with all the recent fresh snow, and what as of now is looking to be sunny weather and comfortable temps for Pres weekend :eek: :eek: :eek:

Might be first chair.... and then be done and actually have to wait for first barstool because of the on hill crowds!!

tnt1234

Yeah - boy, it's gonna be JAMMED this weekend everywhere in the NE.

tnt1234

Good weekend to take advantage of the snow and enjoy good skiing at less crowded independent areas.

Yeah....trying to figure out how I can get my kids to Platty. Not sure it's gonna work out though.

Jully

Good weekend to take advantage of the snow and enjoy good skiing at less crowded independent areas.

Might be a day to try out Whaleback on a 2 for 1 with a ride and ski card.

Was really hoping there would be one day this weekend that was bitter bitter cold like MLK weekend a few years ago ('14-'15 I think).

VTKilarney

I've been in the Saratoga Springs region for the past couple of days. It's pretty shocking how much less snow there is on the ground once you get west of Rutland.

dlague

It looks like it will be warming up over this holiday weekend back east. Spring skiing? The nice fluffy stuff will get sticky?

4aprice

It looks like it will be warming up over this holiday weekend back east. Spring skiing? The nice fluffy stuff will get sticky?

Looks like the hose may get turned on again for the west. 1 month from tomorrow till I'm back out there.

I will enjoy the warm temps, but really hope its not too long term. Rumor has it March has potential. Anyways I plan to up my weekly ski days here locally at CBK and MC over the next 2 weeks, before hitting the road again. Got to get the legs in the best shape possible for the 8 day safari in March.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

Looks like the hose may get turned on again for the west. 1 month from tomorrow till I'm back out there.

I will enjoy the warm temps, but really hope its not too long term. Rumor has it March has potential. Anyways I plan to up my weekly ski days here locally at CBK and MC over the next 2 weeks, before hitting the road again. Got to get the legs in the best shape possible for the 8 day safari in March.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
PM me when you come out! It has been phenominal this year.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

I've head we'll be in an active pattern starting in March. Let's hope we have the cooler temps to keep us on the snowy side of things. Hoping it doesn't warm up much next week.