• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo 11/17

Madroch

So- hadn't been to okemo in maybe 25
Years. But they said they had like 5.2 miles open- 4 runs of about 1600 vert each off a hs quad. So there I went. Good day- foggy, soft with mist/ rain. In addition to the access quad and hs quad they had a triple open- but did not need it and closed it. Sorry don't know lift name- trails were world cup, sapphire and a third- never found the fourth allegedly open trail- but it was foggy enough That I very well have missed it.

Skied 9-4- 26 runs, 38k- would have had 40k but they closes the summit quad a couple
of minutes Earley. Cruising- no bumps and speed checked by visibility. Still a good way to get the legs under me.

Had fun- kind of a rasa not surprise- line Stratton last today with 4 chairs of ursa- Just some lapping.

Madroch

So- hadn't been to okemo in maybe 25
Years. But they said they had like 5.2 miles open- 4 runs of about 1600 vert each off a hs quad. So there I went. Good day- foggy, soft with mist/ rain. In addition to the access quad and hs quad they had a triple open- but did not need it and closed it. Sorry don't know lift name- trails were world cup, sapphire and a third- never found the fourth allegedly open trail- but it was foggy enough That I very well have missed it.

Skied 9-4- 26 runs, 38k- would have had 40k but they closes the summit quad a couple
of minutes Earley. Cruising- no bumps and speed checked by visibility. Still a good way to get the legs under me.

Had fun- kind of a rasa not surprise- line Stratton last today with 4 chairs of ursa- Just some lapping.

Sorry for the scottyesque ending- on the phone

HD333

Nice report.

I was going to write my own up but will add to this one.
Headed up Sat got a late start then caught up at lunch (Toms Loft) and setting up the condo so no skiing/riding on Sat.
Sunday woke up to fog, and some drizzle. Picked up our passes and lapped World Cup via Northstar Quad until about noon when the drizzle picked up and we called it a day.
Good coverage on World Cup top to bottom, everyone seemed happy to be on the snow. No crowds at all.
Good first day of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

xwhaler

Nice----will be up there next Sunday making turns on the NH ID Sunday Solution $35 ticket.
Perhaps they get the Solitude quad going by then? Looks like good snowmaking weather all week.
Would have to think they wanna try for Jackson Gore by Thanksgiving but that may be aggressive.

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
Nice----will be up there next Sunday making turns on the NH ID Sunday Solution $35 ticket.
Perhaps they get the Solitude quad going by then? Looks like good snowmaking weather all week.
Would have to think they wanna try for Jackson Gore by Thanksgiving but that may be aggressive.

Just so you know, they don't open Jackson Gore til mid December. It's on forest service land, and they have to wait for the bears to bed down for the winter. Seriously. But if we're lucky, maybe the Solitude area will be open.

xwhaler

Just so you know, they don't open Jackson Gore til mid December. It's on forest service land, and they have to wait for the bears to bed down for the winter. Seriously. But if we're lucky, maybe the Solitude area will be open.

That makes sense! Didn't realize that Thanks.
Heading up there Sat night for turns on Sunday---hope we get some of the snow they are hinting at!