• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo- 11/23/14

catsup948

Okemo
Sunday 11/23/14
Machine groomed, spring corn goodness!

Wonderful first day of skiing for me today at Okemo! Skied from 9-1 with Xwhaler. I have to say, Okemo offers a great early season product. We skied off all the open lifts. Crowds were minimal, no lines and 4 lifts were running. Sachem Quad to Glades chair was not ideal so we headed to the high speed Solitude lift. Best runs were off Solitude. We did fast laps bombing perfect snow over and over again. Top of the mountain was socked in all morning. Green ridge triple though much slower offered some nice runs as well. Jolly Green Giant was excellent. Run of the day was Plunge off the Solitude lift. All in all a great day! I'll look forward to skiing Okemo again next year the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Sorry no pictures. Light was very flat at times today.

xwhaler

+1 Okemo was really nice today on the $35 NH/VT Sunday Solution ticket. Everything softened up quickly as it reached the mid 50's on the mtn by early afternoon.
Visibility was the only issue at times especially up top.....down low by Solitude it was sunny at times. As we stopped just before 1 the entire mtn was in sunshine.
As Catsup mentioned runs of the day were over on Solitude though we ended the day with 2 laps down World Cup which were very nice.
Okemo has done a great job of providing a lot of terrain with wall to wall coverage. The multiple lifts they were running meant ski on all day. Sunburst 6 is being reported to open this coming wknd though I heard from a couple locals that are connected to the mtn that they may open it tomorrow.
The barn they built to house the chairs is impressive in itself...the chairs looked really beefy, should be a nice lift.
I'll be back up there this coming wknd with family.

Ended the day watching the pats destroy the Lions at Toms loft over some tasty microbrews and a heaping plate of pulled pork nachos!