• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo Mountain 12/10/2006

Newpylong

Date(s) Skied: 12/10/2006

Resort or Ski Area: Okemo Mountain

Conditions: Groomed man made snow and hardpack. Low 40s, sunny, very windy in spots.

Trip Report: Got up there with a free ticket around 9am. Crowds were very small for a Sunday, I was suprised. Very chilly and windy up top. Runs on the front that were open were Defiance, World Cup, Saphire and Timberline. Staying on the Green Chair kept us out of the wind.... I was really suprised with the lack of cover on the front. I got some serious gouges. I wondered what they have been doing for the last week with the perfect snowmaking temps.... I skied with friends who worked there and they mentioned that it definetely wasn't "Okemo" snow. lol.

We heard Jackson Gore was the place to be so that where we headed mid afternoon. Snow was much better over there. Best run was Upper Limelight with good hero snow. Vortex/Quantum Leap skied off from the beginning but edgable on the sides.

All in all I had a great day. Weather was beautiful. I hope the warmer weather this week doesn't hurt them too much.

Talisman

I was at Okemo on 12/9 and the best trail seemed to be upper and lower Limelight. The Okemo summit was providing a 'Ludlow stone grind' free of charge every time you got off the Northstar quad. I was at Stratton on 10/10 taking advantage of a CT Ski Council day and there was some thin spots but the surfaces were much better than Okemo with fluffy groomed snow and few geological trates to clack with the skis.

Newpylong

Lol, yeah that's another thing I forgot to write. Whatever direction and whichever path you chose getting off the Quad, you couldn't avoid it. You literally had to chance getting the free tune up or take your skis off, lol.