• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Omen (Good or Bad?)

4aprice

I do my dryland training every weekday morning and have been for over 2 years now. Two summers ago I noticed the acorns started coming down fairly early and there was a healthy crop. Last summer (and fall) there were virtually none. Well today on my routine I started to notice acorns starting to fall. Hope this is a good sign.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

JimG.

Staff member
Orville and Izzy Slutsky from Hunter always told me that alot of Acorns usually indicate a severe winter upcoming.

And that would be a good thing.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
This summer, we've had a dearth of mosquitoes. According to one food chain, this means we are all destined to die:

Mosquitoes -> Dragonfly -> Fish -> Humans

Alternate food chains are just a distraction. :dunce:

skiahman

I do my dryland training every weekday morning and have been for over 2 years now. Two summers ago I noticed the acorns started coming down fairly early and there was a healthy crop. Last summer (and fall) there were virtually none. Well today on my routine I started to notice acorns starting to fall. Hope this is a good sign.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Hmmmm, interesting, last year I had very few acorns late summer and into the fall and this year I have tons of acorns already. I am taking that as a good sign. :beer:

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
You know, I too have noticed a lot of acorns falling! I have many oak trees on my property and every single we've heard the acorns fall. Been in this house for three years now and have not heard the acorns falling in this frequency before!

Another possible omen I may point out..... Hornets are already fighting over the eaves of the house. I call that a good sign!