• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Outer Cape Restaurant

BeanoNYC

Preggo and me are staying in North Truro in a little over a week. Looking for a nice place to go for our anniversary dinner. Suggestions?

wa-loaf

You don't need a restaurant. Build her a fire on the beach and bring a bottle of wine.

ccskier

Ptown has some of the best dining on the Cape, can't really miss with any of them

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Good stuff in Wellfleet as well. Don't know any specifically though. Typically, we just get some huge lobster and bring them back to the campsite.

BeanoNYC

Good stuff in Wellfleet as well. Don't know any specifically though. Typically, we just get some huge lobster and bring them back to the campsite.

I remember calling you from Wellfleet last year because you had mentioned the take home Lobster.

Wa...good idea, but she's pregnant. The wine won't pan out this time.

CC...I've had some great meals in P-town. I was hoping for a suggestion for something fancy considering this is our last hurrah before parenthood.

ccskier

Drive back to Orleans or Brewster, Chillingsworth in Brewster or the Brester Fish House.

Grassi21

Drive back to Orleans or Brewster, Chillingsworth in Brewster or the Brester Fish House.

We tried to get a table at Brewster Fish House on Tuesday. It was a 2 hour wait. I thought mid-week would improve our chances. No luck. Next time we are up we will give it a shot.

We ate at the Beach House (or whatever its called) at Chatham Bars Inn. The food was good but the views and atmosphere was very cool. We spend so much time at the Cape at my in-laws place. One of these days the wife and I are going to stay there for a night or two to get away.

We tried a new place in Brewster this week. Its not a formal dining spot but the food was so good we went there twice this week. El Guapos Taqueria on the Rail Trail was awesome. Great mexican food, the best I have had on the Cape and they have a portion of the menu devoted to the typical CC diner (burgers, dogs, fried fish, pulled pork, ice cream etc). Met one of the owners, really nice lady.

BeanoNYC

We ate at the Beach House (or whatever its called) at Chatham Bars Inn. The food was good but the views and atmosphere was very cool. We spend so much time at the Cape at my in-laws place. One of these days the wife and I are going to stay there for a night or two to get away.

Is this the outside area with the circular bar or inside across the street from the beach?

I've had plenty of good meals in Chatham. I may head down there. The funny thing is that we stayed in Chatham once and wished we were closer to all the fun in Provincetown. Now we're a hop skip and a jump from Ptown and we'll probably go to Wellfleet or Chatham for our nice dinner. The place we're staying at has a full kitchen. We'll probably do our own cooking for the most part. I figured with the money we'll save doing that, we'd splurge on a fancy meal.

Speaking of Wellfleet...Any update on that kid Caleb Potter who hurt himself last summer? I still fly my pirate flag for him on the weekends. Sad story. (Maybe you know CC?)

Grassi21

Nice taste, Andy. I've actually stayed (and eaten) there a few years ago.

Exactly what I was fishing for. Reservation made for next Sunday. Thanks a bunch!!!

Report back on what you think of the place. My in-laws house is 5 minutes from there. I have yet to try Chillingsworth.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Nice taste, Andy. I've actually stayed (and eaten) there a few years ago.

As I mentioned in another thread (I think.) Do it on a Friday, put a blanket out in the park next to the restaurant by the band shell and catch the band after your meal. No one will touch your blanket, consider it a reservation and the band is a real treat.

Grassi21

As I mentioned in another thread (I think.) Do it on a Friday, put a blanket out in the park next to the restaurant by the band shell and catch the band after your meal. No one will touch your blanket, consider it a reservation and the band is a real treat.

good point. the laying out of blankets and chairs at cape baseball games and events is amazing. we dropped out chairs in hyannis at 1 pm for the 5 pm boston pops by the sea performance. had a bunch of beers and went in for the show. :beer:

BeanoNYC

good point. the laying out of blankets and chairs at cape baseball games and events is amazing. we dropped out chairs in hyannis at 1 pm for the 5 pm boston pops by the sea performance. had a bunch of beers and went in for the show. :beer:

Hitting up a music festival on Saturday in East Falmouth if your interested boys.
...Speaking of which...My reservations in N. Truro are for Sunday. Gotta find a place for Saturday night...

Grassi...Done downloading my Dead shows? I got some other music that I think you would be into. I'll clear my public folder and upload when your ready.

bigbog

...won't work down they'ah...

I remember calling you from Wellfleet last year because you had mentioned the take home Lobster.

Wa...good idea, but she's pregnant. The wine won't pan out this time.

CC...I've had some great meals in P-town. I was hoping for a suggestion for something fancy considering this is our last hurrah before parenthood.
..ROTFL......
Hey,
If you have time...come up into Maine...either Ogunquit/Wells Beach or Old Orchard Beach are(Pine Point..****) for seafood...!! & the cleanest water...albeit a little on the cool side...but great. Fewer of the beatown-ers and police... :lol:
$.01

What kind of music is the pops???? It's just instrumentals right???

..ROTFL......
Hey,
If you have time...come up into Maine...either Ogunquit/Wells Beach or Old Orchard Beach are(Pine Point..****) for seafood...!! & the cleanest water...albeit a little on the cool side...but great. Fewer of the beatown-ers and police... :lol:
$.01

In the summer of 2002 I lived in Saco Maine right near Old Orchard Beach..I think I went in the ocean once...way to cold for me..but I ate Lobster every other day