• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Outer Cape Restaurant

Grassi21

Hitting up a music festival on Saturday in East Falmouth if your interested boys.
...Speaking of which...My reservations in N. Truro are for Sunday. Gotta find a place for Saturday night...

Grassi...Done downloading my Dead shows? I got some other music that I think you would be into. I'll clear my public folder and upload when your ready.

as you advised, i have been trying to listen to entire shows. it is taking some time. that is a ton of music. i have been really enjoying what i hear. i did the download in one shot so you can pull it down if you like. thanks again.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If you find yourself in Chatham, I recommend having a drink (juice for your wife) on the Veranda at the Wequassett Inn. The view is spectacular, though be prepared to spend about $10 for a beer. Actually, you're from near the city, you probably wouldn't get the same sticker shock as most.

snowmonster

Casual dining is more the rule on the Outer Cape. However, in Wellfleet, I recommend the In at Duck Creeke. I second the recommendations about restos in Chatham. For a nice dinner in Chatham, I also recommend the Impudent Oyster which is just off Main Street. Good ambience and food. P-town restaurants are good but there's too much of a party atmosphere there, you feel like your in Boston rather than on the Cape.

snoseek

unless getting in the ocean is a big priority for someone, I agree. The water on the Cape is a solid 10 degrees warmer if not 20 on the bay side.

Yeah Maine water is super cold but I will swim in it right about this time of year. Christ the French Canadiens start swimming in late may!!

BeanoNYC

A few years back, I ate at this spot: http://www.winslowstavern.com/ . It was pretty fancy and the food was good. Suggestion, eat here and then go see a play at the Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater. If you can get tix, they always put on some nice thought provoking plays.

Nice place...was thinking about there but forgot the name. Got loaded in the upstairs bar with my next door neighbor last year. He's retired from the job here in NYC and we sat next to a guy who was on the job in Mass. Hilarity ensued...

If you find yourself in Chatham, I recommend having a drink (juice for your wife) on the Veranda at the Wequassett Inn. The view is spectacular, though be prepared to spend about $10 for a beer. Actually, you're from near the city, you probably wouldn't get the same sticker shock as most.

Never got there. I'm sure we'll end up in Chatham at some point. I'll check it out. And your right, I can take a $10 buck beer in stride. Although I still pay $5 buck for a great Guinness at my local pub here in South Queens.

Casual dining is more the rule on the Outer Cape. However, in Wellfleet, I recommend the In at Duck Creeke. I second the recommendations about restos in Chatham. For a nice dinner in Chatham, I also recommend the Impudent Oyster which is just off Main Street. Good ambience and food. P-town restaurants are good but there's too much of a party atmosphere there, you feel like your in Boston rather than on the Cape.

Martin! Long time, no see. I ate at the Impudent Oyster. I forget the street name but It's the road that goes past the golf course on the way to the Chatham Bars Inn. I'm sure I'll hit P-Town for a bit. We're looking forward to another Whale watch. We'll probably walk the streets for a bit. Hopefully I can stop in for a beer. Always fun conversation.

SKIQUATTRO

ARTS DUNE Tour in Ptown....sign up for the sunset tour with the beach clambake at the end (you bring your own wine/beer) ...its an awesome trip thru the dunes of the Natl Seashore on the outercape in a 4x4 suburban...then a private clambake in the sand watching the sunset...awesome!!! 2 other great rests in Ptown are The Lobster Pot and Level....we have a house in Eastham

deadheadskier

Staff member
One place I'll never go back to in P-town is the restaurant on the left with a deck just as you're about to get onto the main pier. Been there three times with people from far away who wanted to do the tourist thing. each time the food and service was awful

snowmonster

Martin! Long time, no see. I ate at the Impudent Oyster. I forget the street name but It's the road that goes past the golf course on the way to the Chatham Bars Inn. I'm sure I'll hit P-Town for a bit. We're looking forward to another Whale watch. We'll probably walk the streets for a bit. Hopefully I can stop in for a beer. Always fun conversation.
Hey, beano! You should have told me that you were headed to the Cape last week (actually, my fault since I don't check the board that often). I'm usually on the Cape on weekends but decided to go to Tanglewood last Saturday (Mozart calls). Anyway, let me know if you head north again and we'll have a beer. Bring andy along too! Regards.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Hey, beano! You should have told me that you were headed to the Cape last week (actually, my fault since I don't check the board that often). I'm usually on the Cape on weekends but decided to go to Tanglewood last Saturday (Mozart calls). Anyway, let me know if you head north again and we'll have a beer. Bring andy along too! Regards.

I'll be there 8/25-9/2 :)

BeanoNYC

Just got back from the Cape. As expected we had a great time.

Trip report:

Arrived in Sandwich on Saturday. Checked into the hotel and headed to East Falmouth for the music festival. Great music, Great crowds.

2769873235_88557fcd0e.jpg

Ate at the hotel restaurant (Daniel Webster.) Atmosphere was real nice in their conservatory room... food was alright.

Next day we drove to West Dennis and had breakfast outside at The Lighthouse Inn. Good food, nice waitress, great view!

2773587531_e1bc88c8ee.jpg

After breakfast, we poked around some towns along 28 and stopped in Chatham for a stroll. Did some window shopping and headed to Chatham Bars for a cocktail. Good times, nice view.

2773587941_e01e6b2731.jpg

We slowly made our way into N. Truro. We stopped in at Grand Union for some provisions. Our hotel was everything we wanted with an efficiency kitchen and a view to die for. Had a few beers on our terrace and went for an afternoon swim.

2773591611_a63435d034.jpg

Got showered and dressed and headed down to Chillingsworth in Brewster. It's a beautiful place. The food and service were terrific. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a special night out. Thanks so much for the suggestion, CC.

Next day I went for a morning swim and spent some time on the beach. We headed into P-town for a stroll and lunch. As always, a great time. Went back to our place, took a nap, spent some more time on the beach. Things had cooled down so we headed back to town for another stroll and some window shopping. God I love Provincetown; the streets are great entertainment.

We were looking for a quiet dinner so decided to head back to Truro to sniff out something cozy. We came across this place Tera Luna and had a great meal.

We had to leave this morning. Headed into Boxlunch at Wellfleet. Ate our Breakfast wraps on the water and sadly left. Until next time Cape Cod...

Warp Daddy

Nice shots Beano !!
Ah West Denny -- the Lighthouse . !!!

"The Queen of The Hop" is a watercolor artist and she and i rented a beachouse VERY near there on a somewhat secuded beach section for a month one summer so she could paint, sketch etc and i could relax

We kiddingly called it TWIB--- Thong Woman Island Beach -- It was when THONGS first were in vogue and somewhat shocking at teh time and there was this one young lovely who daily swam there ----------Inspirational . :D :D

ccskier

My parents place is far left of the picture on CBI deck. You didn't want to take a ride on the 50 Hinckley they just paid $4mill for or go fishing on the 51' Viking, both would run you about $2500. The place is nice but turning pretty plastic. It is funny, they are now taking people out on Lobstering tours in a smaller boat they bought, they pull pots and play around with the lobsters or something. I have noticed the boat running around checking the pots w/ no guests on board. I think that they are stuffing the pots at night time and when they take people out there, the pots are full to make it look like they really caught them.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Small world

The summers I was 19 and 20 I worked at the Light House Inn and served many a breakfast and lunch on that porch. HATED IT trying to hold onto a serving tray with 8 lunch plates on it in 30 mph wind = not fun

The chef there is actually a huge dead head and we saw some shows together during the summer 94 & 95 tours. We used to take a 45 minute morning drive and 'attitude adjustment' ;) :) between breakfast and lunch, which was just enough time to listen to half a set on a loop we had going out lower county road :lol:

BeanoNYC

My parents place is far left of the picture on CBI deck. You didn't want to take a ride on the 50 Hinckley they just paid $4mill for or go fishing on the 51' Viking, both would run you about $2500. The place is nice but turning pretty plastic.

Funny you should say that. My wife and I agreed the place is nice and we like sitting out on the deck, but we feel the place isn't salty enough for us to want to stay (not like we would spend that kind of money.) Kinda reminds us of the Hamptons. Which is exactly what we don't want.

Small world

The summers I was 19 and 20 I worked at the Light House Inn and served many a breakfast and lunch on that porch. HATED IT trying to hold onto a serving tray with 8 lunch plates on it in 30 mph wind = not fun

The chef there is actually a huge dead head and we saw some shows together during the summer 94 & 95 tours. We used to take a 45 minute morning drive and 'attitude adjustment' ;) :) between breakfast and lunch, which was just enough time to listen to half a set on a loop we had going out lower county road :lol:

You know I spent an hour online finding that place? I wanted an out of the way place where we could sit outside and have a good breakfast with a pretty view. If I had only asked...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well, you did ask for restaurant recommendations, but the Lighthouse is nothing great when it comes to dinner. Is a great spot for breakfast and lunch though.

I definitely enjoyed myself there and the owners were very cool and still make me feel like home when I return to visit every couple years some 13 years later. They were very cool about the chef and I's love for the Dead accommodating extended time off for three to four day mini tours during peak season. Pretty rare for the owners to let the head chef and dining room manager take off for the same mini vaca. The Sunday following Garcia's death, they actually let the chef make a dancing bear ice sculpture for the Brunch. I was hoping to make it down this summer, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.