• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Outer Cape Restaurant

BeanoNYC

Oh yeah, how was Ryan's set?

Scene was great. Ryan had a great mellow set. Baby started kicking and moving around as soon as he got on. I spent the first two songs touching my wife's belly waiting for the next kick. Looking forward to seeing him again next Friday.

Can't find the Cape Cod show yet but came across the Up North show. IIRC, you were there.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was there and look forward to hearing it again as I missed a lot of his set unfortunately.

Looking forward to seeing him again myself in a couple of weeks at http://www.wormtown.com/wormfest/

That and Strangecreek over Memorial Day weekend are my two favorite festivals of the summer. Awesome location, real mellow, small 2000-3000 people and family friendly, but plenty of partying to if you're looking for it. They represent the perfect start and end to summer and this will be the first year I've been able to catch both :grin:

It looks like a nice place you stayed at...I bet it was mad loot this time of year. What's nightlife like in that area??? I've been to Nantucket and things die down pretty early..no techno clubs like in Dirty Jersey..

BeanoNYC

I was there and look forward to hearing it again as I missed a lot of his set unfortunately.

Looking forward to seeing him again myself in a couple of weeks at http://www.wormtown.com/wormfest/

That and Strangecreek over Memorial Day weekend are my two favorite festivals of the summer. Awesome location, real mellow, small 2000-3000 people and family friendly, but plenty of partying to if you're looking for it. They represent the perfect start and end to summer and this will be the first year I've been able to catch both :grin:
Nice line-up. Would be interesting to see Buddy Cage without New Riders. Greenfield is only 3 hours away. Well within my concert traveling radius. :-o
They have a few hotels on rt 2 west of 91, I know... :idea: Perhaps we should throw this up on our cherished thread.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice line-up. Would be interesting to see Buddy Cage without New Riders. Greenfield is only 3 hours away. Well within my concert traveling radius. :-o
They have a few hotels on rt 2 west of 91, I know... :idea: Perhaps we should throw this up on our cherished thread.

nah, Bob R and DMC only show for the big head liners :lol:

Creek typically bores me at most clubs, but for whatever reason, the past five shows I've seen of theirs at one of these festivals they've gone HUGE

The festival has become like family for me. A lot of the folks from on the GOTV boards show up whom the lady and I have become friends with over the years.

ccskier

Just got back from dinner and Jazz night at the Wequassett, by far the best setting on the Cape. I am always impressed when I go there. The staff go head over heels to provide service. Anyone visiting the area and doesn't mind spending a few bucks, you will not be disapointed.

Grassi21

Just got back from dinner and Jazz night at the Wequassett, by far the best setting on the Cape. I am always impressed when I go there. The staff go head over heels to provide service. Anyone visiting the area and doesn't mind spending a few bucks, you will not be disapointed.

i agree, one of the best settings on the cape. we considered Wequasett for our wedding reception $$$ :-o but we did have dinner at that little place they have closer to the water. can't remember the name.

BeanoNYC

I'll probably check it out next year, when we go. This time it will be my wife's turn to get drunk and I'll drive!

ccskier

I'll probably check it out next year, when we go. This time it will be my wife's turn to get drunk and I'll drive!

Make sure you go on one of the Jazz nights, I think they are tuesdays all summer. Great food and music

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Make sure you go on one of the Jazz nights, I think they are wednesdays all summer. Great food and music

Do they still have Fred Fried playing guitar there?

http://www.changingtones.com/fredf.html

When I worked there, he played a few nights a week and was incredible to watch. He plays a 7 string guitar and he's got so much going on its almost like he's playing a piano.