• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Outside Magazine's Top 10 Ski Films of All Time

djd66

Hot Dog is one of my favorites,.... watched it a dozen plus times

snoseek

Immersion was a cool short flick that was influential in years to come especially youtube. Push 2007ish was maybe my favorite.

Was aspen extreme on there lol?

BodeMiller1

Dumb and Dumber is not a ski film.

Hot Tube Time Machine is. I like the movie because they hired the warehouse guy from The Office.

A lot of times there's a glass ceiling for warehousers. Here this is none.

skef

2F08E834-5FFB-4A8B-9286-D22CBB6A52A9.jpeg

eatskisleep

I'll throw Born from Ice on my top ten list. It was the first ski movie I could really relate to as it was all New England plus the really cool Newfoundland segment. I'm much more interested in watching people ski terrain I'm very familiar with and likely to ski again vs far off places.
Totally agree. I love seeing Eastern tight tree skiing.

BodeMiller1

Although not a movie, The Ski the East Guys opened up what's possible in the woods. It's mostly stagged butt, at the end of the day those guys can ski. They scout the lines well.

Along the same lines William Lange hiking adventures on PBS are as good as it gets. Old hippy guy with replaced leg parts still gets up and down. Excellent shots of nature, yep.

ceo

I hated the crap out of Dumb and Dumber, but the bit where he licks the chair, and then comes back to the bottom with his tongue still stuck to it was genius.

eatskisleep

Out Cold was hilarious.

Johnny Tsunami was a funny Disney movie.

Propaganda by Poor Boyz Productions probably had the best ski movie sound track.

From the list in OP’s post, Yearbook was great too. MSP, TGR, always make great movies.

skef

View attachment 55183
Just finished rewatching this (if you have Showtime, it’s free on the app). My grown-up self sees a very different movie than my kid self…

At 1:18:22, the Gene Hackman character complains to the Robert Redford character about “hot dog” skiers.

Everything is connected.