• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Parking a foot away from another car at the slopes

octopus

idk, just assholes i guess. i've noticed a strange, mostly empty parking lot situation. say theres 200 parking spots and 5 cars in the lot randomly spaced, every time i park as far away as i can from any car...guess what happens? when i return there are at least 5 cars parked in the spots around my car when basically the lot is empty:???:. this has happened on numerous occasions.

Morwax

Gunstock..Sitting in the van this morning waiting for freinds. Older guy and his son pull up on the right side CLOSE. I then watch him open his door and have to hold back as he squeezed himself through. This was a more or less an empty 10 acre lot. We talked and it didnt go well.. apparently he could not see the problem. I moved to a better spot.

Last edited:

Angus

be careful, the belknap mall can attract a tough clientele. people are lazy and don't like to walk and there is probably a herd mentality going on as well.

Morwax

be careful, the belknap mall can attract a tough clientele. people are lazy and don't like to walk and there is probably a herd mentality going on as well.
Theres nothing in the Belknap mall for me.. oh wait Sals pizza :beer:

ScottySkis

Gunstock..Sitting in the van this morning waiting for freinds. Older guy and his son pull up on the right side CLOSE. I then watch him open his door and have to hold back as he squeezed himself through. This was a more or less an empty 10 acre lot. We talked and it didnt go well.. apparently he could not see the problem. I moved to a better spot.

Maybe it was my snowboarding friends trying to keep you from enjoying your day.

bobbutts

Long ago my bad neighbor and I both had pos cars, and he'd park really close, sometimes over the line in my spot, probably because he was drunk. I'd open the door up hard enough to leave dents into his.

JimG.

Staff member
Interestingly, I sometimes enter a relatively full lot and wonder why people have to park 5 feet from each other so there are fewer spots.

And I love folks who park with a parking space line dead center under the car.

Morwax

Interestingly, I sometimes enter a relatively full lot and wonder why people have to park 5 feet from each other so there are fewer spots.
So.. do you park close? And this is to maximize capacity?