• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats peak Monday night Jan 22nd (race)

Vortex

Date skied. Monday Jan 22nd Pats' Peak Corporate Race night
condtions were packed powder
temps Low 20's light snow. A little over and inch of fresh stuff. Snow making all over the place.

Well we finished 1st again. 6.08 Point Average Points below Top 5 counted
Ga2ski 7.46
Tree_Skier 7.14
Bob R 6.66
Scott 4.53
SkiBum995 4.25
Roark 2.57
Charlie 1.44

Individual results... These are based on finish place. (Handicap is not counted)
Tree_skier 3rd (Gold Metal)
Bob R 6th (sliver Metal)
Ga2ski 8th (That is 8th overall on Tele Gear):daffy: (Gold Metal)
SkiBum 9995 16th (silver Metal)
Scott 19th(silver Metal)
Roark 37th(bronze metal)
Charlie 48th(bronze metal)

All racers got metals on our team :beer:

The coarse was much more mellow this week and more fun IMO. A few crank turns up top on both coarses and then nice tight straight turns at the bottom. Alot better for the INT racer.
Race was on FIS RaceTrail. Snow was in fantastic shape and held up well. Our free runs were split up. I got a run on Hurricane with Roark and SkiBum9985. Alot of fun with all the snow being made. I was humbled. Twister was fantastic.... I thought the snow was in the best shape of any trail or run I had been on all year. (No powder days yet for me.) Just amazing what a week of cold allowed them to do. Great job.:snow:

Skibum9995 got his b---s busted the most Apres ski. Something about prison.
I tweaked my knee a bit and quit early. Everything seems fine today.
It snowed lightly all night and made it look and feel great.

Tree_skier got to eat a (free) cookie in one of the bar activities. He lost the comp, but got a (Free, yes Free, Ya a Free cookie.) I think it replaced the buzz from his drop from 1st last week to 3rd. this week.

The Competition seems to be alot less this year on Monday. I remember the Otherone one and two last year I believe and they are not on our night. We have moved up. Skibum995 has really added some quality points. Ga2ski is kicking some a--. Unreal.
Another fun night. Come out and join us next week so you can pick on Tree_skier about something money related. Don't forget if you print off the discount coupon you ski for under $20 and hang with us.:snow: :argue: :p :beer:

Last edited:

hammer

So how is Hurricane? I know they have been making snow on it but those bumps still looked pretty solid to me...

How are the school crowds on Mondays? The main lodge was kinda crazy when I was there last Thursday but I think most of the kids stayed in the Valley area...trails off of the main mountain were pretty empty.

Congrats on the results.

Vortex

The kids start leaving as we start arriving. Hurricane was really good.( Parking is people coming and going. We get set upstairs. Most of the younger kids stay down stairs.)

I took hurricane about 5.45 The top 50 to 100 feet of Hurricane did not have snow being made on it. That was a bit solid. (The humbling part). The rest was soft( flour manmade) powder. Bumps were setting up and getting soft. The Cannon guns were quite a sight. Some of the guys hit it after the race. They seemed happy about it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The Hurricane is nothing to laugh at....serious trail. It is fun. Must be nice now that it is lit up.

Greg

Staff member
Nice job guys! :beer:

ga2ski

Bob- Nice Report and the kind words about my skiing. I think some people on other teams may think I don't tele enough. I need to hurry up and figure out these new skis before someone says something to me.

Sorry I missed Dave's FREE cookie. Pat's has the best M&M cookies around. . . They have been that way since I was a kid.

Hurricane was awesome. Nice soft snow. We took 3 "fun" runs after the race. The trail and bumps are just long enough for the the legs to ache and then it is time to hit the lift again. I'm thinking of installing a cannon gun at my house so my son has some snow to play in next winter when he can walk.

See you next week.

Last edited:

tree_skier

The cookie was hard around the edges, softer in the middle. it took my a bit to figure out the fastest eating method and just missed out. But it was still a FREE cookie.

It's about time skibum995 started to carry his own weight. We had a very good team result and alot of fun. Hurricane was excellent and twister was very good also.

tree_skier

I have explained it to bob a number of times but being vertically challanged it is over his head like most everything.

You race just like a nastar race and get a nastar handicap on each course.
The race scoring is based on age, gender, handicap (tele/snowboard/one arm/ no arm/ 3 point/ 4point etc). The nastar handicap chart has a range for each medal listed ie for gold it is 7.01 to 9.0. so for each person you get the handicap. figure where it falls in the medal range and then derive the points from that and the team score is the average of the top 5 finishers.

simple

tree_skier

my goal is to get erik to add an a to the end of his name then tele on one ski that way he might get up to a 10 for points scored.