• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PEAK RESORTS: AZ Challenge 2009 Response/Feedback Thread

Newpylong

There's something to be said about not having HSQ's though...some of the best places I have skied have been accessed by fixed grips. HSQ's = long lines and crowds.

FIXED GRIP at Attitash = long line and crowds. They need a HSQ, no doubt about that.

EPB

I dislike that lift also but the trails there are crowded as it is.

I think people overlook the fact that the Flying Bear runs at a relatively low capacity compared to other high speed quads in NH and the east. It only has 82 chairs on a 5200 foot lift line and maxes out at 1000 feet per minute. Cranmore's high speed quad has slightly more chairs and runs on a shorter line at the same speed. It is entirely possible for Attitash to construct a high speed quad that does not push them much further than capacity if necessary.

xlr8r

I think Peaks under estimates the importance of fast lifts. Has Peaks ever installed a detachable chairlift at any of their mountains? I don't think so. I know a lot of people that don't ski Attitash solely because of the slow triple. The triple is always the biggest complaint people have about the place. If people are not skiing the mountain because of the lift, then it definitely needs to be replaced

They should put in a HSQ with the same capacity as the current triple. Most people think all HSQs have the same capacity so few would notice the large spacing between chairs. It could be set up like the six pack at Ragged which also has large chair spacing. It might get slightly more crowded at the top and have longer lines but I bet reviews and the word of mouth the place gets will become much more positive. Also they should run top notch more.