• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Perfect Storm for the 28th?

mriceyman

pipe dream... dont get me wrong im hoping for an all out blizzard but the models have been horrendous 6+ days out

4aprice

The last exercise in this, I wasn't a big fan of the setup. This one is different, and I like the setup much better. This one we oughta watch closely.

To quote another met I follow, its about time that "rubber band snaps the other direction". Alot of cold air around just not here, hopefully its our turn soon.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
pipe dream... dont get me wrong im hoping for an all out blizzard but the models have been horrendous 6+ days out

I hear ya, man. But forecasters are saying the over all pattern is shifting in Northeast's favor.

If this panned out exactly how it's depicted on the models everyone from dacks to maine cashes in, correct?

This is very long range but the storm duration in the northeast according to this model run is about 18 hours with the Adirondacks to Northern VT and NH seeing between 24" and 36". Really could be a lot different. Here's hoping! :snow:

tekweezle

We are getting clobbered here in central ny near Syracuse. At least 12-18 inches of snow in the heaviest bands. Hope it makes it way east to ski country.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

tekweezle

About 2-3 feet in the driveway, and hope it makes it east!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356634823036.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356634823036.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 80

Bumpsis

All this talk about big snow and it turns out that the places that I was potentially considering for tomorrow's day ski came up way short of the predictions.
Here's snoforecasts.com's take on Cannon:
"Snow Potential
Solid powder day--significantly heavy accumulations likely from Wed night thru the day...jackpot accumulations of 15-20 inches possible and maybe even more than that"

Looks like they got about 6 - 8 inche according to Cannon's report. Gunstock -4", Sunapee - 7". Wildcat is too far for me, so is Bretton Woods. Actually, I would ski there anyway - too borning, despite the decent snowfall. Hmm, where to go...

WinnChill

All this talk about big snow and it turns out that the places that I was potentially considering for tomorrow's day ski came up way short of the predictions.
Here's snoforecasts.com's take on Cannon:
"Snow Potential
Solid powder day--significantly heavy accumulations likely from Wed night thru the day...jackpot accumulations of 15-20 inches possible and maybe even more than that"
Looks like they got about 6 - 8 inche according to Cannon's report. Gunstock -4", Sunapee - 7". Wildcat is too far for me, so is Bretton Woods. Actually, I would ski there anyway - too borning, despite the decent snowfall. Hmm, where to go...

Certainly some dry air was entrained as the center of the low slipped by. S and Central NH resorts didn't do as well as expected. I haven't had time yet to log final tallies, but isn't Cannon reporting a storm total of 14-16"?