• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pico 3/14 ... The day after 26"

Tin

Missed the real goods yesterday but still a ton of fun today. Spent the first few runs out of bounds then played around on Summit Glades which was a long long stretch of fluffy pillows, KA and Pike glades, and random tree lines. Tough to plant a pole with my cast put a ton of fun. Summit Glades and the trees are the place to be.

Broken.jpg
E Line.jpg
P Woods.jpg
top line.jpg

Big Game

Just got back from Pico too Tin. My first time being there on a non-wind hold day. I loved the 24 buck pass. Also amazing by the % of vawesome vert per run on the high lift. It gains 1520 in elevation. And precious few of those feet are wasted on traverses or long run outs. Everything is good.

Each lap was taking us 30 minutes when we hit the bigger bumps and glades. Not blazing fast pace but not slow either. I am beat. Wonderfully.

Pico is absolutely the best mountain at killington . I hope they never connect.

steamboat1

Wind hold on the summit chair worked out great Thurs. After all 25 of us chopped up the freshies on Outpost chair in the morning we got a second chance at freshies when they opened the summit chair at 11:15. A lot of people left early because they were honoring the cheaper Pico tickets at Killington because of the early wind hold on the summit chair. Evidently they have a policy of doing so when this happens. There loss our gain. By the way Pico was closed Wed. so all the fresh snow that fell Wed. day/night hadn't been touched. Sweet.