• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platform Hiking Sandals?

highpeaksdrifter

I went for a hike Saturday morning up Prospect Mt. near Lake George with my youngest son. It is a fairly steep and very rocky climb. Coming back down, about ¾ of the way, we came across a family of 4 coming up. We could tell from a distance that the woman was walking very gingerly. As we came closer we could see she was wearing sandals with one strap over the toes to keep them on and a heel in the back, probably 3 inches. I described them to my wife when we got home and she told me they were probably sandals with a woven platform sole and wedge heel.

The wife was complaining to her husband that this was nothing like the last walk they took. The husband was telling her what a great accomplishment it would be if she could make it to the top with the footwear she was wearing. I ran out of camera memory on the top or I would have gotten a picture.

I hope she didn’t get hurt.

Max

I would have gone with an open-toed strappy with 4" heels in a vibrant color since it was before 6 PM. After 6 I think a pair of black sling-backs would be more appropriate! :D

BeanoNYC

In Ireland on the last Sunday of July. There is a pilgrimage to the top of Mt. crough patrick. It's where St. Patrick climbed and fasted. Anyway it's a 3K mountain and all the old people ascend it the same way St. Patrick did ....... barefoot! Here's a picture of the mountain that I took this summer.

107576812.jpg