• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Possible big snow for the north this weekend

telenathan

Website
www.facebook.com
The lower 2/3rds of sb skied great if you stayed out of the woods. You could not have paid me enough to go above Allen's. We did get very wet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WWF-VT

I did a short shift a Mt Ellen today. Minimal visibility once you got about 3/4 of the way up the GMX. There was 2-3 inches of new wet snow with a slight crust. Crackerjack was still creamy corduroy at noon. There was a cold light rain coming down and no doubt that it was likely icy up high.

oldtimer

Burke

Burke skied very well today. Very top pretty slick on the groomers. 2" new with light rain on top. Ungroomed skied very well. Lower Willoughby, Gap, and most of foxes tons of fun. East side woods were great fun. East Bowl outrun as fast and the trail skied perfectly. No one there to enjoy a surprisingly good day.

powbmps

Jay was legit. No doubt there was some light liquid precip falling, but I would believe the 5-7 overnight. Real nice up high with barely any wind. Visibility sucked though.

Attachments

• Snapshot 8 (3-30-2014 5-23 PM).png
    Snapshot 8 (3-30-2014 5-23 PM).png
    264 KB · Views: 126

fbrissette

I bet the Eastern Townships got hammered. Everytime a storm like this comes by, I kick myself for not renewing my passport when it expired.

The eastern townships were hammered with rain. Jay gets the most snow, Sutton is a close second and all the others are usually on the wrong side when it is close to freezing.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
The eastern townships were hammered with rain. Jay gets the most snow, Sutton is a close second and all the others are usually on the wrong side when it is close to freezing.

Well that sucks. I thought if the rain snow line was right around Stowe/Jay, that little bit further north would be a blessing for them.

4aprice

The rain was NOT a melting rain. Looked like ice just above K1 when I was up there. Plenty of snow on the mountain and I'm sure the woods are still very much in play.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

SIKSKIER

FYI.Cannon had a pretty good/bad melt this weekend.Nothing horrible but after expecting possible snow,we got the reverse and warm temps.I lost 3/4 of a foot of snow at my Mittersill house through Sunday morning.Crazy Cannon weather started Friday as I arrived.I got off the Peabody exit at 33 degrees and the short ride to Mittersill had my thermo rise to 40 at my driveway at 5 pm.Went to bed at 11 and had 46 degrees while it was 34 in Franconia.Sunday morning drive home started at 40 and kept dropping as I headed south till about north of Concord (34 ish).Goods news is its frozen back up today.Saturday however was great spring snow.