• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Possible big snow for the north this weekend

SIKSKIER

Tim Kelly at NECN is predicting possible 10-20 inch snow in northern Vermont,NH,and Maine Saturday night,especially at higher elavations.Keep an eye on this one.Unfortuanately for you southern ski areas you could be getting heavy r**n.

C-Rex

I've been hearing the same from a couple different sources. I'm thinking of heading up to Jay tomorrow night to get the goods on Sunday. I have 2 passes, just need to find a partner...

Savemeasammy

I've been hearing the same from a couple different sources. I'm thinking of heading up to Jay tomorrow night to get the goods on Sunday. I have 2 passes, just need to find a partner...

...if only I weren't in friggin' NC...!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

Its likely all about latitude and elevation! And this snow where it falls isn't going to be blower quality powder!! Mandatory fat skis for slaying it!!

HowieT2

point forecast from NWS at 3000' has SB getting 12-18".

SKidds

〽❄❅;835070 said:
The Weather Channel is showing those amounts for the far northern reaches bordering Canada. Jay Peak could make out ok, doesn't look so good for SugarBush.
mountain-forecast for Lincoln Peak at 3,900' is calling for 6 inches Sat night into Sun, no r^*n.

MidnightJester

Smugglers, Stowe, Jay Peak areas are hot. Sugarbush could get some due to elevation. More south mountains it is a prayer and some cold or rubber ducky outfits for the brave.

steamboat1

All I can say is it rained pretty hard this afternoon from K south. Wasn't up north so I have no idea what happened up there. Was 38 degree's at around noon in the K parking when I left. Absolutely poured while I was driving south from Rutland down to around Jiminy Peak then it lightened up south of there. They did pick up an inch or two of slop this morning & it didn't start raining hard until around the time I left. I had a pretty decent morning session. Just FYI.

BenedictGomez

All I can say is it rained pretty hard this afternoon from K south. Wasn't up north so I have no idea what happened up there. Was 38 degree's at around noon in the K parking when I left. Absolutely poured while I was driving south from Rutland down to around Jiminy Peak then it lightened up south of there. Just FYI.

Additional 1st-hand reports would be appreciate. Anyone near Smuggs/Stowe or Jay Peak?

catsup948

Lots of rain in the forecast this am. Hopefully elevation will help the far northern resorts pick up some snow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk