• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

POWDER....on Long Island

kingslug

Just shoveled my driveway and walk.....it's like confectionary sugar. It took me 10 minutes, could have blown it off with my leaf blower. Nice!

BeanoNYC

Took my 2 1/2 hours to get from East Meadow to Bayridge. I can't wait to get out and ski this shizzle. Did the skills get a dump? Sat trip, Slug?

kingslug

Took my 2 1/2 hours to get from East Meadow to Bayridge. I can't wait to get out and ski this shizzle. Did the skills get a dump? Sat trip, Slug?

I think the Catskills is getting mixed percip. I might be going to Whiteface this Sun,Mon. I think they are getting mostly snow. I work Saturdays, off Sun, Mon.

ERJ-145CA

Just finished shoveling my driveway, it was good powder in NW New Jersey too, but now it has started to change over to sleet. Then predicted to be freezing r*in later, Boo.

SkiDork

no need to shovel yesterday. Plus the nice white coating of road salt I had from the weekend is completely gone from the Burban. Less work for me!

cbcbd

Ha! shovel... in SNE? Just wait a little longer and the rain will take care of that.

2knees

Ha! shovel... in SNE? Just wait a little longer and the rain will take care of that.

its getting old exlpaining to my daughter why the snow always turns to rain. I'm about to make up some horrificly scary story just so she'll stop asking/reminding me.