• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

POWDR selling Killington

skiur

I mean, I love the mountains for skiing and hiking and outdoors type $hit, but NH and VT are so damn boring at night! I could never live in a rural area full-time.

BenedictGomez

I mean, I love the mountains for skiing and hiking and outdoors type $hit, but NH and VT are so damn boring at night! I could never live in a rural area full-time.

I grew up on a small farm & I lived a decade in Manhattan from a lob-wedge to Wall Street to the UWS.

Give me the small farm.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
You guys don’t know how excited I got when I heard on the radio WBZ 1030:
“A large ski resort operator is selling off 2 of their resorts, more coming up at the top of the hour.”

I immediately thought maybe vail is finally selling Attitash and Wildcat!

Sadly, just Killington news.

But, the day with come! Wildcat won’t be yours forever VAIL!
I suspect if Vail divests of a resort or two, it is more likely to be in Pennsylvania where they already own (or operate) almost half of the open areas. I'm surprised that the anti-trust people haven't stuck their nose in like they did with ASC in New England.

The other likely places would be some of the sub-300' vertical areas in the Midwest.

I don't see Attitash or Wildcat on the chopping block.

All that being said, MTN (i.e.: the Vail Corp.) has never sold off a ski area to date. They have sold off some golf courses and some condo properties.

deadheadskier

Staff member

I live near Portsmouth, NH. Here and along the NH and ME seacoast on up to Portland has basically everything I would ever want out of a Boston or NYC with a fraction of the people / traffic / BS. Only thing missing is professional sports, which I would rather watch on TV anyway.

To your point, if I still lived in VT, it would be within 45 minutes of Burlington only. In Maine it would be within 45 minutes of Portland.

BodeMiller1

Fuck you, Concord New Hampshire is The Hardcore Party of the world. In the sleepy 4 story who house, there's a basement or kitchen. We rage and destroy. The quarries, Mast Yards, rivers, prisons and bars.
Nestled between Montreal and Boston, Water falls, Ice Water falls, tur