• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Praises for the EPIC pass reservation system

SLyardsale

Once in, it was smooth. I queued up at 8 ET / 6 MT. I then entered my info and got 110k in queue. So I entered an hour earlier than Dr. J. I waited 2hr40min. The last minute I timed (at about 605 in queue ahead of me) and it took 2 min 20 sec. So the estimated wait time is approx 2.2x longer than stated. The comments that each Wed is gonna sux - I predict that will be the case.

chuckstah

I just got in line. #129k plus. Not promising, but I'm sure it will be better in a couple days after the initial rush...if there are any days left.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

njdiver85

For the Wednesday week-of bookings, they need to make the queues mountain-specific or it will be sheer hell!

GregoryIsaacs

Just got through the queue, reserved my days, and all of sudden the page wouldn't let me submit and I got thrown out of the reservation calendar page. Had to re-enter the line and am now waiting with "over an hour" to go again. Luckily I took screenshots of the entire process and will be surely emailing them asking WTF happened.

Not a happy camper whatsoever......

kingslug

This is going to pretty much ruin the experience. But in the grand scope of things..whatever.
Yes we use skiing as an escape from insanity..and now its becoming insanity.
Hopefully the world returns to normal after a year. I just keep thinking about how it must have been in Europe when ww2 was going on..This is pretty tame compared. Yet, still a big cause of anxiety. Usually I'm bouncing up and down this time of year ..waiting for it to begin..not so much now. We shall see

FBGM

Just got through the queue, reserved my days, and all of sudden the page wouldn't let me submit and I got thrown out of the reservation calendar page. Had to re-enter the line and am now waiting with "over an hour" to go again. Luckily I took screenshots of the entire process and will be surely emailing them asking WTF happened.

Not a happy camper whatsoever......

Good luck getting a response. Vail customer service this year is non existent

Also, I’m sure this has been answered and figured out, but what stops you from just showing up and using your pass? Does the reservation link to your RFID pass and grant you access? If so, that could be a cluster in lift lines with people thinking they are good, gates not opening, etc...

mbedle

Good news to note that they are stating that everyday at every resort is still available during the core season.

xlr8r

Has everyone got the email confirmations for their reservations. I got the email confirmation for my Wildcat and Sunapee reservations, but nothing yet for my Attitash reservation.

jaytrem

System worked well for me. Got in the waiting room pretty early. Got the reservation confirmation about 11:40. Not surprised other people are having issues though.

thebigo

Has everyone got the email confirmations for their reservations. I got the email confirmation for my Wildcat and Sunapee reservations, but nothing yet for my Attitash reservation.

Wildcat was almost instant, Attitash was significantly longer.

jimmywilson69

bummer this has been a pain for others. It honestly couldn't have gone any smoother for me, so I echo Dr Jeff's experience. I did just do my local mole hill in PA, because who knows if I'll be going out west or up north this year...

thebigo

Cool, sounds like Attitash is just slow then, just like its summit triple

Not sure if it is connected to demand or a coincidence.

I suspect Attitash had more demand for early reservations due to slope side and weather unpredictability at wildcat.

I guess if you are SOL this year if you are reserved at the cat and they are down due to wind.

JimG.

Staff member
I'm going to leave all this reservation stuff to you hardy souls. I'm sending along my prayers.

So far the areas I hope to ski at this winter are not requiring reservations.

ski&soccermom

We have epic military and were booking Mount Snow. The wait was ridiculous... It took hours. But I have another friend at MS with Epic Local and she only got in 20 minutes before I did.

snoseek

Not sure if it is connected to demand or a coincidence.

I suspect Attitash had more demand for early reservations due to slope side and weather unpredictability at wildcat.

I guess if you are SOL this year if you are reserved at the cat and they are down due to wind.

I'm pretty concerned about that scenario. I grabbed a cannon pass to hedge all this but if the cat is down for wind cannon would most likely be as well.