• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pulled the trigger today on my anniversary present from wife

Puck it

I just placed the order for these with custom top sheets.

I ordered in 178cm and here are the specs. 142cm - Tip 117mm - Underfoot 141mm - Tail 14m - Radius
Tip and Tail Rocker with 3mm of Camber
I went for the 178cm over 188cm for the trees back here.

I will post pics when they arrive. I need to find some flat bindings now. Those Peak 18's on skiunverse for $99 may be the ticket, but thinking about the Jester Schrizo though.

http://skilogik.com/skis-rockerrocker-rockstarrl.php

skis-rockerrocker-rockstarrl_r11_c3.jpg

Attachments

• skis-rockerrocker-rockstarrl_r9_c8.jpg
    skis-rockerrocker-rockstarrl_r9_c8.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 83

Puck it

Chickened out on the custom design?

Not really. I kept looking at the stock models and I talked with the owner last night and he steered me to the the Rock Stars instead of the full custom. I am getting the custom top sheets thoguh.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Those look pretty sharp. What conditions will you use those in? Tree & freshies?

I want some with a custom AZ logo on them haha

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not really. I kept looking at the stock models and I talked with the owner last night and he steered me to the the Rock Stars instead of the full custom. I am getting the custom top sheets thoguh.

what are the top graphics going to be?

The Haldron Collider?

Puck it

Those look pretty sharp. What conditions will you use those in? Tree & freshies?

I want some with a custom AZ logo on them haha

Probably powder days mostly. There is guy at Cannon that skis on double rockers everyday and rips them through the moguls. I think I will test them a try in all conditions to see how they perform.

Puck it

what are the top graphics going to be?

The Haldron Collider?

No, nothing related to my profession. Tips will have the Tram and Upper Tram haus with LaFayette in the background. Tails maybe the front five and I would like to get the Old Man of the Mountain on them too.

Puck it

Here is the first iteration. I asked her to make a couple of changes. The Tram looks like the JHMR Tram to me so, I asked her to make more square. I also asked for the mountains behind Tram to sharper and to put a gully in kind of like Lincoln's Throat. I wanted the Old Man a little more towars the middle.

Sorry for the small size but I cannot upload any larger.

Cannon Skis First Iteration 2.jpg
Nick, BTW I tried to upload this pic to my gallery and it said it went but I could not find it. The number of pics in my gallery does not change.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
That's pretty sick. Did you sketch something or just give the designer some general ideas?

I had thought of doing something similar with Mt. Mansfield as the profile.......though, I've got a number of years yet of being married before I receive such a gift ;)

Puck it

That's pretty sick. Did you sketch something or just give the designer some general ideas?

I had thought of doing something similar with Mt. Mansfield as the profile.......though, I've got a number of years yet of being married before I receive such a gift ;)

I sent her pic of the tram and the front five. And pulled a pic from the Internet of the old man. I told what I wanted where. And the blue lettering and logo are going to be mother of pearl.

Hawkshot99

I have found lots of lists online of what you get a person for each anniversary year, but none list the year for skis....

hammer

old people don't need lists. They decide what they want and tell their spouse to write the check
When it comes to "toys" I decide what I want and if there's room in the budget I just get it. Drives the family nuts at birthdays and holidays because they don't know what to get for me. :razz: