• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

questions about MRG

fbrissette

My gf is heading to MRG with a friend on Wednesday for 'roll back the clock' day.

She likes steep hairy runs (no groomers please).

She would like suggestions of best runs. Any advice on how to ski MRG is welcome.

How busy is 'roll back the clock' day ?

And finally, for the hell of me I could not find at what time the lifts open on their website.

Savemeasammy

Wow, I can't think of a better recipe for huge liftlines than: powder day, extremely cheap lift tix, and minimal uphill capacity! I hope she enjoys it.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

steamboat1

Don't worry about groomers. MRG doesn't groom much. Probably the only groomed runs you'll see are Antelope on the upper mountain & Porcupine on the lower half. The steepest run is probably Paradise off the single chair but there's lots of good terrain everywhere. Even if there are long lift lines you'll still get plenty of skiing in. I've never walked off that mountain not skied out. The mountain always wins.

dlague

If she is going Wednesday I think she will have missed the boat! Skiing will still be good but not for $3.50

January 27, 2015 Roll Back The Clock Day To celebrate MRG's anniversary we roll back lift ticket prices to the 1948 rate of $3.50!

Cost: $3.50 Lift tickets

In their front page Lifts 9 AM to 4 PM. and .... Roll Back the Clock Day is this Tuesday. Celebrate MRG's Anniversary with the 1949 lift ticket price of $3.50!

Lynx is one of my favorites as it holds snow nicely and has a great steep pitch and twists. At top of double, skiers left is Partridge and also is surprisingly fun. Also, trees skiers right off double are always fun and oftentimes you can find untracked for quite awhile after a storm. Roll back the clock day will be mobbed, but take it in stride and enjoy the uniqueness of MRG. Have fun!

WWF-VT

Single Chair Weather Blog for Tuesday says:

Here at MRG, I am expecting a wind blown 5-10" and I mean it when I say windblown. Winds will become very feisty during the day, mainly out of the north and will cause lots of blowing and drifting both on and off the hill. Snow will taper to flurries during the overnight hours and will give way to a blustery and chilly Wednesday. Temperatures will hover around 10 through much of the storm and wind chills will be well below zero.