• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RAW - Upper Pagussett State Forest - 2009-07-09

WoodCore

Made the trek over to Newtown this afternoon after work for a rip on the MTB. Seeing it's been over a month since I last visited I decided to hit up the Upper Paugaussett State Forest and roll the Upper Gussy Trail. This turned out to be a great choice indeed for a host of reasons but mainly because this trail is so frickin' fun to ride, holy crap!

How fun you ask? Fun enough that when I got to the end without hesitation I headed back around for another lap. Although the first part of the loop is a boring uphill slog on a forest road once you get to the start of the Upper Gussy trail the rest of the way is mostly downhill and nothing but fast flowing single track with plenty of up and overs, well armored stream crossings, stone wall crossings, etc.throw in to keep it interesting. A great ride for sure!

I did have a good ride my first time here but, this time I didn't get lost and things where a bit drier so I was able to be quite a bit more aggressive then last time even though I was on the HT this time. Regardless, if you guys haven't visited the Upper Gussy trail yet I highly recommend it.

Here's todays track....

http://crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=587

http://crankfire.com/map/index.php?tid=47&t=587&w=0

Last edited:

Trev

I'll put it on my to-do list.

Basically, every trail system EXCEPT Nass is on that list right now.. lol..

WoodCore

Made two more laps this evening and for the first time in my three visits saw some other bikers. Regardless, it was a beautiful evening for a ride and am really enjoying this place to ride.