• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Re-Mount

HD333

Any issues with a shop removing demo binders and putting on real ones?

I plan on picking up some skis tomorrow for my daughter and all they have left in her size is the pair she demoed last weekend. They said they can throw on some new bindings for me if I want, which I think I want.

We are not talking not race skis.

Puck it

Any issues with a shop removing demo binders and putting on real ones?

I plan on picking up some skis tomorrow for my daughter and all they have left in her size is the pair she demoed last weekend. They said they can throw on some new bindings for me if I want, which I think I want.

We are not talking not race skis.
Why not leave the demo bindings in case she grows? I am assumming she is young. Just at thought. Demo bindings are just as relaible as non demos.

gmcunni

other than the weight is there concern with demo bindings? a lot of the pairs i see on ebay have them.

timm

They do raise the boot up but that is probably more a personal preference issue than actual performance.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Why not leave the demo bindings in case she grows? I am assumming she is young. Just at thought. Demo bindings are just as relaible as non demos.
I agree that if the skis are for a growing daughter, demo bindings are nice because you can change the binding at home without remounting if her foot grows. Then again, if she is growing, she will eventually need longer skis, too. I disagree that demo bindings are just as good as regular bindings. Reliable perhaps but definitely not as good as a binder that doesn't adjust. I feel a lot more secure in a binding that isn't made to adjust. I've skied a lot of demo bindings that were not as high quality as my regular bindings.

HD333

Do "regular" bindings have enough travel to accommodate a one boot size adjustment?
My feet stopped growing years ago so I never gave it a thought.

jrmagic

Do "regular" bindings have enough travel to accommodate a one boot size adjustment?
My feet stopped growing years ago so I never gave it a thought.

There is some play so if you go with new bindings you likely won't need a remount for one size. If her foot grows more and you eventually do need a remount, you should be able to get it done at a reasonable cost.

Last edited: