• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Recipes

bvibert

Staff member
me thinks you need more vodka. if not in the sauce than in the glass next to your plate. :beer: sounds good. loves me some vodka sauce.

I think Greg does just fine at getting that extra alcohol into his system without your help. ;)

Grassi21

sorry for not having accurate measurements. no time to measure, ever!

combine in a bowl:
grill or smoke corn on the cob - cut the kernels off the cob and let cool
diced tomato
diced shallot
diced avocado
diced jalapeno
cilantro

in another bowl combine:
olive oil
lime juice
lime zest
honey
salt
pepper

toss mixture with dressing. let it sit in the fridge a bit so the flavors can come together. makes a great side dish.

Grassi21

Coming from the guy who would happily eat boxed mac & cheese, frozen pizza, chicken nuggets, tator tots, corn dogs, or Lean Pockets every day. :roll:

brian eats like a 12 yr old. :lol: sev, i think you left chuckles off that list.

bvibert

Staff member
they do rock. let them cook a wee bit longer so they get nice and crispy.

napolean, give me some of your tots!

I like to put em under the broiler for a bit to really crispen them up. Just did that tonight as a matter of fact.

bvibert

Staff member
I also highly recommend Crispy Crowns, they're like a flatter version of tator tots and have a higher crisp to tender ratio. :D

Grassi21

I also highly recommend Crispy Crowns, they're like a flatter version of tator tots and have a higher crisp to tender ratio. :D

i am a big fan of the crowns as well, same reason as you. its 6:40 and now i am craving crowns.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Alright, I'll share a recipe since I derailed pretty badly with this thread.

But I don't really cook a whole lot and I deal with basically three kids to please taste-wise, so we're not gourmet around here. This recipe came from allrecipes.com and is a hit with my family. I've made it a couple of times and it's not bad.

Baked Ziti

INGREDIENTS

* 1 pound dry ziti pasta
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 pound lean ground beef or bulk sausage
* 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
* 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
* 1 1/2 cups sour cream
* 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.

Note: I usually mix in the sour cream with the ziti and sauce, put 1/2 of that in the bottom of the baking dish, cover with slices of Provolone and 1/2 the mozzarella, then the other half of the ziti, then top with 1/2 the mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese. And I almost always use MORE cheese than is called for.

noski

Has anyone actually made any of the recipes posted? I am going to make Greg's opening chile (with yak burger if I can get to the Farmers' Market on Saturday) over the weekend.

bvibert

Staff member
Has anyone actually made any of the recipes posted? I am going to make Greg's opening chile (with yak burger if I can get to the Farmers' Market on Saturday) over the weekend.

I've made this (tator tots):
I like to put em under the broiler for a bit to really crispen them up. Just did that tonight as a matter of fact.
But that's about the extent of my cooking. ;) Let us know how it turns out, I was wondering if Greg knew what he was talking about...

drjeff

I'll go with 1 of my favorite dessert recipes. It's basically the tollhouse cookie recipe that I've tweaked a bit over the years to make one tasty chocolate/peanut butter chip pan cookie.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

In a seperate bowl, combine:

2 1/4 cup white flour
1 regular sized package of instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Sift the ingrediants together and set aside

In a mixing bowl, combine

1 cup softend butter or butter flavored Crisco Baking sticks
3/4 cup splenda white baking mix sugar
3/4 cup splenda brown baking mix sugar
(Note "regular" white and brown sugar can be used to for extra calories ;) )
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

Begin mixing, adding in 2 eggs as the ingredients are combined.

After the butter/sugar/vanilla/egg mixture has been thoroughly combined, begin adding in the flour mixture in 3 increments.

After the ingredients have been throughly mixed, add in 1 12oz. package of Nestle's chocolate/peanut butter chips (perfectly fine to use any flavored chip you want) and if desired 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Mix and then spread the batter into a pre greased 9" x 13" cake pan.

Bake for 18 to 21 minutes until golden brown.

Enjoy!

If I really have a chocolate craving, I've been known to frost the entire pan cookie with chocolate frosting :) But often I find that a good old scoop of vanilla and some chocolate sauce are the perfect compliment!

Moe Ghoul

I'll go with 1 of my favorite dessert recipes. It's basically the tollhouse cookie recipe that I've tweaked a bit over the years to make one tasty chocolate/peanut butter chip pan cookie.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

In a seperate bowl, combine:

2 1/4 cup white flour
1 regular sized package of instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Sift the ingrediants together and set aside

In a mixing bowl, combine

1 cup softend butter or butter flavored Crisco Baking sticks
3/4 cup splenda white baking mix sugar
3/4 cup splenda brown baking mix sugar
(Note "regular" white and brown sugar can be used to for extra calories ;) )
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

Begin mixing, adding in 2 eggs as the ingredients are combined.

After the butter/sugar/vanilla/egg mixture has been thoroughly combined, begin adding in the flour mixture in 3 increments.

After the ingredients have been throughly mixed, add in 1 12oz. package of Nestle's chocolate/peanut butter chips (perfectly fine to use any flavored chip you want) and if desired 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Mix and then spread the batter into a pre greased 9" x 13" cake pan.

Bake for 18 to 21 minutes until golden brown.

Enjoy!

If I really have a chocolate craving, I've been known to frost the entire pan cookie with chocolate frosting :) But often I find that a good old scoop of vanilla and some chocolate sauce are the perfect compliment!

Wowzers, my teeth hurt reading that. Sounds delish!

drjeff

Wowzers, my teeth hurt reading that. Sounds delish!

Hey, I tried to keep it "lower cal" by using Splenda instead of Sugar!

Bottomline though, the more sugar I can get people to regularly consume, the more likely I am to be busy at work! ;) :eek: ;)