• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Recommendation for New Skiers

tnt1234

Thanks everyone. Okemo it is. Booked a hotel this morning and will get my tickets online also. Saw some the other day for about $50.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good choice.

If you can, make it over to the Jackson Gore lodge for the table top smores. Kids love that....

Where are you staying?

mikes

Thanks for the tip... dad likes smores also. We're staying in town at the Timber Inn. Didn't need much... just a place to crash at the end of the day.

ironhippy

Coverage. This time of year it's all about coverage, and Jay Peak will have significantly better conditions than virtually anywhere else.

That and cold snow. Spring corn is not the easiest snow to learn on, if you can get somewhere with a firmer base it'll be a lot easier to learn.

Pez

I'd be interested in hearing about how the Timber Inn is. I'm looking for a good place to stay in that area.

mikes

I'd be interested in hearing about how the Timber Inn is. I'm looking for a good place to stay in that area.
Timber Inn is very nice. We stayed in a room on the first floor and it looks like they've been recently redone. Very clean and the manager was very nice. Certainly not anything fancy but it has the feel of a nice hotel rather than your typical roadside motel.

BenedictGomez

That and cold snow. Spring corn is not the easiest snow to learn on, if you can get somewhere with a firmer base it'll be a lot easier to learn.

Skied there on Tuesday and it was fantastic spring conditions. Great coverage on everything but the steepest stuff where the snow burns off first.

mikes

how did the kids like Okemo?
Kids had a great time. Conditions Thursday were rough after the rain/high temps Wednesday but we got rewarded this afternoon with snow. My youngest had an oh crap moment the first time we road to the top. First time seeing that kind of elevation and she thought we had to go down the blue slopes right at the lift. Had to sit her down for a minute and show her the trail map and our path down easy rider lol. Those freakn chocolate covered waffles that they sell along the slopes were a hit for sure. They are already asking when we can go back next year.

Scruffy

Kids had a great time. Conditions Thursday were rough after the rain/high temps Wednesday but we got rewarded this afternoon with snow. My youngest had an oh crap moment the first time we road to the top. First time seeing that kind of elevation and she thought we had to go down the blue slopes right at the lift. Had to sit her down for a minute and show her the trail map and our path down easy rider lol. Those freakn chocolate covered waffles that they sell along the slopes were a hit for sure. They are already asking when we can go back next year.

Priceless! :daffy: