• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Roid-Rod

tjf67

what a great time for baseball. They should confrm that he did take roids. If they do. Ban him from baseball for life. problem solved no more roids in MLB.

Dr Skimeister

It will be interesting how A-Rod responds to this, and I think his status in the eyes of baseball fans will depend as much on his response as will the fact that there exists proof that he juiced. If he plays it like Bonds did and basically doesn't address the accusations or if he comes across like Clemens did and denies it despite evidence that he did, his personna will be scarred and Cooperstown may shun him, despite his production numbers. If he outright admits it and asks for forgiveness for his mistake like Pettite did or *sorta* admits it without actually saying so like Giambi did, he might save his chances of having his accomplishments acknowledged.

I wonder if Madonna was using too??

hammer

It will be interesting how A-Rod responds to this, and I think his status in the eyes of baseball fans will depend as much on his response as will the fact that there exists proof that he juiced. If he plays it like Bonds did and basically doesn't address the accusations or if he comes across like Clemens did and denies it despite evidence that he did, his personna will be scarred and Cooperstown may shun him, despite his production numbers. If he outright admits it and asks for forgiveness for his mistake like Pettite did or *sorta* admits it without actually saying so like Giambi did, he might save his chances of having his accomplishments acknowledged.

I wonder if Madonna was using too??
He fessed up...

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2009/02/arod_admits_to.html

deadheadskier

Staff member
At the very least he should also forfeit the part of his contract tied to career marks in Home Runs. His contract calls for 6 million dollar bonuses when he passes Mays, Ruth and Aaron and 12 million for passing Bonds.

Geoff