• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Round Top VT - For Sale $7.5 million

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I still say as I did 1.5 years ago the real estate value is too much to pass on, and it's awesome location.

Killington Skyeship- 10 minutes away
Okemo- 20 minutes away
Pico/K1 lodge- 25 minutes away
Sugarbush, Stratton, Magic, Bromley all between 45-60 minutes.

I think a very small ski operation with some snowmaking, one chair, and running weekends 9am-4pm would be enough to entice a few millionaires to move in if they make some nice houses.

puckoach

Certainly, Saddleback in ME is a better hill, less local competitors, and was cheaper at 6.5 million, with local loan support for 2 mil. There are stories posted about the cost to maintain while it was closed. Substantial money.

Purchasing Used lifts, limited availability. Used groomers, even less.

Help, is Fail telling the truth?

Btw, insurance is mostly a % of revenue.

kevinm55

Total stab in the dark here.

I would guess that total costs (purchase price, likely maintenance needs, new/used equipment purchase for snowmaking/grooming needs, hiring some full time staff to run the mountain as well as some part tme staff, etc) is going to run closer to 10 million than 5 million, and that's if you have a smaller group of familes footing the bill, if one was to try and operate it like the Hermitage Club, you're up front costs are likely to be greater to get the ammenities levels up to where you can get enough interested people with enough disposable income to join to make the numbers work
Dr Jeff - appreciate the reply, I believe your thinking seems spot on. Looks like a great hill for newbie/families but seems like it would be incredibly difficult from a sustainability perspective given upfront and on -going costs (insurance, utilities, staff, marketing, etc). Others have obviously failed and weather (like this year for example) would seem to make this a massive challenge.

In addition & like it or not, from a consumer perspective, given the amount and diversity in skiing that the buyer obtains for his/her family, the two big pass products would likely make the choice to join a small Indy place like this as a "member" so so hard...