• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ruroc helmets

legalskier

I also want to design a system to carry collapsable poles specifically for snowboarders. I'm thinking something like a holster that could mount to the thigh or lower leg so it's out of the way and won't be a problem in a crash. Or maybe even something that could mount to the top of the board between the bindings... Either way, no more getting stuck on traverses or flat sections! I have a set that I keep in my backpack but it's a pain to stop, take the pack off, pull them out, put the pack back on and continue. Then when I get where I'm going, I have to break them down, take the pack off again...etc. I want to be able to pull them out, get where I'm going, and put them away with minimal down time, or maybe none at all if it can be done on the move.

The Snowboard Pole
http://thesnowboardpole.com/

snowboard-pole.jpeg

Speedlink 4 Collapsible Ski Pole
http://www.mountaingear.com/webstor...rCode=979100&gclid=CK784viWtL0CFahlOgodpXwA4w

Last edited:

Cannonball

legalskier

C-Rex

That doesn't work. You have to have two poles. Using just one pushes you at an odd angle and makes you fight against yourself just to stay balanced. Two regular collapsible ski poles do the job perfectly. I have a pair of z poles by black diamond and they're great. Just need a place to secure them that is easy to reach and doesn't get in the way. If they are attached to your toe straps I'd imagine they'd be a problem when getting on and off lifts.

And that neck gaiter won't fog your goggles but it will get wet and freeze. Its a better option than a lot of masks though.