• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback January 5th, 2014

salsgang

Date(s) Skied: January 5, 2014

Resort or Ski Area: Saddleback

Conditions: PP / FG

Trip Report: Feels a bit odd putting in this trip report after this warm rainy Monday has changed things drastically up there... but regardless we had a good day on Sunday. Got our first glade runs of the season. They were a bit bony but some good turns to be had.

Reasonable temps, low wind and good snow on the snow making trails made for a pleasant day. Nice $29 Maine Day crowd but not overwhelming. Hopefully they (and all the other mountains) can take advantage of some cold temps and get things back on-line quickly.

GoPro edit on the Blog. Got some decent shots of the woods and natural trails... along with our usual fun in the 'side stash'.

http://www.maineskifamily.com/2014/01/saddleback-january-5-2014.html

xwhaler

Nice report----I'll be up there Sat 1/25. Hoping we get a couple storms between now and then to get everything open.

salsgang

Looks like they are blowing stink on the Devils so they will get that terrain open this week I would think. Looks like another wet event this weekend. Snowmaking trails will be fine but the woods / natural will and are done I would think. A lot of winter left and hopefully the pattern will change in time for you xwhaler!

xwhaler

Yep I hope so too......I have a voucher thru RSNE and am now booked solid after that wknd until the middle of March with other trips.
Rather than take the chance my buddies won't be up the next time I'm available in March/April I figured I better take advantage now while I could. Even if conditions aren't ideal I vowed this YR I would not be left holding onto pre paid vouchers when the lifts stopped spinning.
Been burned with that too many times in the past as I tried to find that perfect day that didn't come!
We'll do the back on Saturday and Loaf Sunday before driving home and an exhausting Monday at work!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app