• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sat/Sun Jan 21st - a little snow coming....

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm hitting up Jiminy on Sunday. I'm hearing possibly 5" for them through Saturday.

Well,Albany isn't out yet, but Taunton is:

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

chit man, you're in the money!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Bill, where you get that map?

Each weather forecast office issues on for their area. Because they are not consistently stored, I had to do some digging.

Good news for you is that I have a page with all the ones of interest posted together.
http://www.iabsi.com/public/ski/total_snowfall_forecast.html

Be CAREFUL that you read the dates on them. They are not updated daily.
Also be careful that your browser cache is up to date. They change the picture every six hours or thereabouts.

If you use them, make sure you burn a pyre to Ullr.

WinnChill

Well,Albany isn't out yet, but Taunton is:

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

chit man, you're in the money!

I may edge Mt. Snow up a smidge for DrJeff (and Stratton/Magic/Bromley, possibly Crotched) but that's about it. I could see the high end of our amounts to low end of NWS amounts....probably just under or at half a foot with a little fluff factor.

abc

What's the prediction for the Cats? Berkshire? Will there be much accumulation?

No time to go too far north this weekend...

BenedictGomez

^ Cats are supposed to do okay. I'm supposed to be at Whiteface both Sat & Sun, but I may ski Plattekill on Sunday instead if they pull in 8". Up north won't get near that much (or so they say).

WinnChill

I may edge Mt. Snow up a smidge[/QUOTe/]

I may be getting there early Saturday based on that news. 8)

By a smidge, I mean maybe an inch or two--at least that's what I was thinking yesterday. I've had 1-4" for them this week and will probably hold. At least they (Stratton/Snow) stand the best shot out of the rest of VT resorts. You stand to get more in CT. This system isn't very strong nor with a lot of moisture and the track is suppressed south. If you were planning on them anyways, cool, but I didn't want to give the impression they were going to get a lot more. Hope that helps.

WinnChill

What's the prediction for the Cats? Berkshire? Will there be much accumulation?

No time to go too far north this weekend...

No need to go north--storm track is suppressed south. Both Cats/Berks will do marginally better than Greens/Whites...maybe half a foot with the fluff factor. Think 8" may be a bit much though, but staying south should be your best bet. Hope that helps

ScottySkis

I may edge Mt. Snow up a smidge for DrJeff (and Stratton/Magic/Bromley, possibly Crotched) but that's about it. I could see the high end of our amounts to low end of NWS amounts....probably just under or at half a foot with a little fluff factor.

Will be windy days this weekend, any change for Mondays forecasts