• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season passes and Covid restrictions

ctenidae

Question - If you have a season pass to a mountain, can you just go any time you want, Covid-driven capacity restrictions be damned? Trying to navigate sold out dates that seem to be getting worse, and in some cases seems a season pass that catches the end of this season might be worth it just to be able to get on the slopes.

Thoughts?

ctenidae

Well, I answered for myself - yes.
Butternut is giving March this season free to 21/22 purchasers, at $339 that's not a bad deal.

Edd

I have 3 season passes, one of which is Epic. That’s the only one that requires reservations for passholders.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Question - If you have a season pass to a mountain, can you just go any time you want, Covid-driven capacity restrictions be damned? Trying to navigate sold out dates that seem to be getting worse, and in some cases seems a season pass that catches the end of this season might be worth it just to be able to get on the slopes.

Thoughts?
It depends......

tnt1234

Thoughts?
Well, I'm thinking what ever you learn about this year is moot. Next season, god willing, will be totally different.

ctenidae

I hope so, too. But, Butternut's $400 pass for next year gets you season pass access to the mountain through March this year, when it's useful. If other mountains throw on a similar deal, might be worth getting a season pass for next year just to have access this year.

KustyTheKlown

Well, I'm thinking what ever you learn about this year is moot. Next season, god willing, will be totally different.

honestly, i hope not. i would be super happy if capacity regulation became par. no reservations for passholders + a set number of day tickets that can sell out in advance, has resulted in some very pleasant days that could have otherwise been shitshows.

Andrew B.

honestly, i hope not. i would be super happy if capacity regulation became par. no reservations for passholders + a set number of day tickets that can sell out in advance, has resulted in some very pleasant days that could have otherwise been shitshows.
Feels flexible day ticket prices where a Tuesday is half the cost of a prime Saturday looks to be spreading the crowd out as well.

tnt1234

Pres. day saturday was ski on at Bell all day with incredible conditions.

But that's not gonna last. Can't imagine they are making a dime this year.

mlkrgr

Wachusett has been crazy busy all season but at least being a season pass holder you go without reservation when the pass is valid. 15+ minute lift lines anytime you go and maybe 10 minutes if you are lucky during a non-holiday midweek day. Even waited 40 minutes the day after a storm at night when Polar express line was almost backed up to the end of smith walton... at that point I just wanted to hang out outdoors so I waited in line. Had a hard time finding a spot for last Sunday's night session but got lucky to get a spot in the middle of the lot after going down 3 aisles thinking there was a space. They've been closing with 5-10 minute lift lines too.. never have seen even Wawa close otherwise with lines past the ticket gates with another 10 minute line to get out of the parking lot.

Hard to believe the owner has been on TV saying that business is about even with last year. But for a time in which I can sync my schedule with my friends, it's usually at night so Wawa is one of the very few choices.

ScottySkis

From my memories on Facebook first time meeting him and his friends

Can't believe so much has changed since 2015 when I met someone from AZ that picked me by highway of NY thruway in Kingston and drove me to platty and back to their car after awesome ski day never meeting before:
"""Gave up my Plattekill Mountain virginity today. It's definitely my kind of mountain too. Steeps, narrow and technical trails, and some great glades. Riding the mountain bike trails was so fun. Cliffs and ladder drops everywhere! Gotta catch a powder day there and definitely need to go back this summer on a DH bike. Thanks to Scott Zager for showing us around!,""