• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Separate skiing forums by region or state? (#3)

Should we create separate skiing forums based on region or state?

• Yes, by region.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Yes, by state.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • No. Leave it the way it is.

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have another idea (post below).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JimG.

Staff member
No need to apologize to me Jim. After thinking about it I know you where not calling me an idiot. I often think I have to be on the defensive with certain members, but you have never been one of them.

I need to take a big step back here. There’s no sense being here if I’m pissed off half the time.

It's all good...I figgered you were having a bad day.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Calling Jim out for that general idiot comment (which was pretty benign and not directed at anyone in particular) was lame, but whatever, I'm starting to expect responses like that from you. You were just looking for a fight. Maybe your friends' ITG personas are rubbing off on you.

i dunno....his comment may have been benign on its face, but, given the issues some people have on this board, i can see how it might have come off as "if you're not cool with the CLITs and what they do, you're an idiot". maybe that's why HPD and philpug got all worked up?

that being said, personally, i've always thought that all the criticism of the sundown and bump threads was tongue in cheek, so i don't see why the CLITs get defensive about all this.

THAT being said, look at this:

powder_skiers_in_whistler_rockiesguide.jpg

and this:

powder-skiing.jpg

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
i dunno....his comment may have been benign on its face, but, given the issues some people have on this board, i can see how it might have come off as "if you're not cool with the CLITs and what they do, you're an idiot". maybe that's why HPD and philpug got all worked up?

that being said, personally, i've always thought that all the criticism of the sundown and bump threads was tongue in cheek, so i don't see why the CLITs get defensive about all this.

THAT being said, look at this:

and this:

Yeah, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or at least what you're comortable with, or, more importantly, what you enjoy. I actually know real people who HATE powder, and that's OK with me. There are so many different places, methods and conditions, that I say ski and board any way that makes you happy. I may tease but I honestly believe there is no right and wrong about skiing. Get out and do what you love, no matter how good or bad you might be at it. Having fun is really what counts. After all, aren't we all just playing in the snow?????

Greg

Staff member
Well, fellow idiots. The poll is pretty conclusive. Things will stay just the way they are. Time to go start a Sundown thread... ;)

Vortex

I missed this one. Not replace, but add. ie a Ct and western mass sub section,a White mountain region, green mountain region. I support it and I voted. Surpised the people complainig did not vote though. Greg has opened up , can't bitch.

Grassi21

The perpetuation of the CLIT stereotype is lame. I don't lump MRG or K-Mart patrons into one category. Why lump me into one? We don't have secret club meetings or big patches on the back of our ski jackets. And this group you envision as the CLITS doesn't look down on anyone and is far from cool (;-)). If any of you met any member of the "CLITS" in person you would quickly realize that we are not judgmental and a good group of dudes and dudettes.

Greg

Staff member
If any of you met any member of the "CLITS" in person you would quickly realize that we are not judgmental and a good group of dudes and dudettes.

All of us except for 2knees. He's an asshole...

:razz:

Trekchick

. I actually know real people who HATE powder, and that's OK with me. <snip> Having fun is really what counts. After all, aren't we all just playing in the snow?????

friggin' idiots.....

:p

+1 and I don't care if I'm a 'moderator' I will say idiot from time to time ;)

My husband hates powder. I guess that's why he doesn't want to go to Big Sky with me :)

And its okay .......you can call him an idiot. I catch myself calling him names from time to time. ;)

Paul

We don't have secret club meetings or big patches on the back of our ski jackets. And this group you envision as the CLITS doesn't look down on anyone and is far from cool (;-)).

That's just what they told you to spare your feelings.

2knees

Yeah, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or at least what you're comortable with, or, more importantly, what you enjoy. I actually know real people who HATE powder, and that's OK with me. There are so many different places, methods and conditions, that I say ski and board any way that makes you happy. I may tease but I honestly believe there is no right and wrong about skiing. Get out and do what you love, no matter how good or bad you might be at it. Having fun is really what counts. After all, aren't we all just playing in the snow?????

thanks for the pep talk!

Stuart-Smalley-Magnet-C12359389.jpeg

All of us except for 2knees. He's an asshole...

:razz: