• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski ballet?

Domeskier

This is cool and all, but what I'd really like to see is a video of adults rolling around in the snow playing kung fu panda. Have any of those?

Abominable

Was ski ballet in the Olympics? I have vague memories of seeing this very occasionally on the slopes (maybe Hunter?) in the 80s, when I was a kid. I mean, if I saw serious practitioners twice in my life that'd be a lot.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Was ski ballet in the Olympics? I have vague memories of seeing this very occasionally on the slopes (maybe Hunter?) in the 80s, when I was a kid. I mean, if I saw serious practitioners twice in my life that'd be a lot.

Was a fad for sure , had a freind who I thought was good till a guy shows up one day .
Nuts ! Had a set of Hanson boots screwed to a set of 140's don't recall what type .
He was incredible ! Could do a 1080 with very little forward speed and no jump .

Funky_Catskills

Was just making fun of that "sport " the other day....
We used to yell "GET A ROOM" to the people doing it back in the day...
I know - I'm terrible..

VTKilarney

Was ski ballet in the Olympics?
It was a demonstration sport in 1988 and 1992.

Formal competition stopped in 2000. Except for Tuna. I have no doubt that he was so happy to be skiing in powder today at Killington that he probably challenged someone to a "ski ballet off".

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
Didn't Hannah Kearney do ski ballet before she switched to freestyle? She might have been one of the last pro skiers who did ski ballet at some point in their careers. Can anyone confirm this?