• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski dreams

PomfretPlunge

I had this incredibly realistic dream last night that there was a ski area inside Washington DC that I had never heard about before. Right inside the city. This place had such great snowmaking it could stay open until June 5. I went to the slope and was in line for the chairlift watching all these skiers coming down the seeded spring bumps... and then I woke up!! Massive bummer!! :( :(

Funny thing, I talked to some of our mogul crowd and every one of them said they have the exact same dream sometimes. :) :)

Terry

I had one the night before last that I found a secret stash on a local hill that I hiked to and got kicked out by the local game warden because it was his own stash. I need to go and look for it now to find out if it was really a dream or not. Should I bring my skis just in case?

Glenn

I have those ski dreams a lot. I must like the sport or something. :lol:

wa-loaf

Most of mine are kind of nightmares. For some reason I get to the mountain and do all the schlepping around and stuff, even ride the lifts, but often don't get to the skiing. torture ... :smash:

o3jeff

Most of mine are kind of nightmares. For some reason I get to the mountain and do all the schlepping around and stuff, even ride the lifts, but often don't get to the skiing. torture ... :smash:

Seems rooming with Paul at Sugarloaf has ruined it for you.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
This also happens to me all the time. But then again, if I close my eyes, I'm always imagining that I'm skiing. :daffy:

jaywbigred

I think for people that study dreams, flying/soaring dreams are supposed to be some sort of golden apple, a rarity, but also a sign of a positive mental state and healthy outlook. Sometime during my teenage years, I stopped having the occasional, very positive flying dream. They were replaced by skiing dreams! And they are almost always the same. I am skiing above the tree line and it is warm (and usually sunny) and I am skiing but its almost like bouncing...there isn't much snow, and I am bouncing/soaring from snow patch to snow patch as I work my way down the hill. The distance between the patches is much greater than anything you could actually jump between in real life, so the sensation is much more like floating. But I've got skis on and poles in my hands!

Maybe this is why I like spring skiing so much!?

neil

I had a dream the other night where I was out hiking somewhere, and suddenly found a large patch of powder (odd because it appeared to be summer in my dream). In an instant I had my snowboard and gear on, and proceeded to SHRED THE GNAR.

This dream was particularly depressing as I am still in a sling from breaking my collarbone at Killington!