• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Equipment Deals near Boston

heiusa

I am looking for recommendations on ski shops within a one hour drive of Boston that usually has good deals and selection on skis/boots/binding, etc.

1dog

Best boot fitter in the state is Leif - at Strands in Worcester. Old musky place, decent pricing and generally good advice. Been around for 50+ years I think.

Spends inordinate amount of time talking and fitting boots - and the stories they tell about NE skiing are a bonus. The hard liquor may or may not come out whilst sitting on the throne having your boots heated, torched, etc. http://strandsskishop.com

shawnanigans

Strands is super knowledgable and will usually work with you on pricing if you see the same product listed elsewhere for less. They also generally have a nice selection of used equipment but I haven't been there in a couple seasons. It is easy to get to, right off 190. Stop by Greater Good Brewery right down the street if you are into that sort of thing as it's a great tap room with some tasty and potent brews. Across the street from there is Olo Pizza which is a fantastic place to grab a bite.

Hawk

I have to add that "Getting a Deal" should not be the determining factor when buying boots. Boots are the single most inportant purchase and they have to be perfectly fit. Spend the premium on the boots at the best shop you can find and stick with them. A good reputable shop will allow you to come back as much as needed to do fittings and adjustments. Usually for free. I have so several friends that bought boots on the internet or shopping from store to store to get the cheapest proce and now hate thier boots and ski in pain.

That said, the store mentioned above has a really good reputation. I concur.

Skis and other things can be shopped around if you know what you like.
Again if you are loyal to a shop and buy all your stuff there you get great service and deals because you are loyal. I have that arraingement at Alpine options, Sugarbush.

wa-loaf

Wachusett is having their Columbus Day Ski swap this weekend. Usually tons of gear there. The shop also offers 20-40% off last years stuff.