• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SKI Magazine 2021-2022 West Resort Ratings

thetrailboss

Staff member
Apparently this is the billionaires' edition. ;)

1. Sun Valley
2. Deer Valley
3. Aspen

And man how far SKI has fallen. One quote per resort?! Little, if any, substance to these "reviews".

machski

Apparently this is the billionaires' edition. ;)

1. Sun Valley
2. Deer Valley
3. Aspen

And man how far SKI has fallen. One quote per resort?! Little, if any, substance to these "reviews".

You had to click on the hyperlink for the resort review. Then it was the old in depth review for each resort.

thetrailboss

Staff member
You had to click on the hyperlink for the resort review. Then it was the old in depth review for each resort.
Ah, I see now. Still pretty weak. They used to provide quotes on positives and cons. Now it’s all PR fluff. I miss Powder.

Last edited:

jimk

That annual issue used to be the stuff of dreams for me, but yeah they seem to struggle to bring anything fresh to the list in recent years/decades. I have to confess that the basis of many comments I post on the internet are my attempt to replicate those reviews with my own spin and photos on what I like about various resorts.

NYDB

When I read something like this and there are multiple grammar / spelling errors I just can't take it seriously.

This is a magazine right? It reads like a 10 year old put it together.

abc

The whole ideas of “best” of anything had to first imply you like what the author like…Not for me.

Moreover, unless there’s substantial changes in terrain expansion, that list shouldn’t change from year to year. So why bother???

Right, the taste of the author may change? Back to my first assumption.:)