• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SKI Magazine to End Print Editions

2Planker

I so remember eagerly checking the mailbox every afternoon I got some from school in late Spetember anxiously awaiting the gear guide to show up.

I think the only print magazines my wife and I still get are our alma mater alumni magazines, Ski Area Management, Golf Digest, Yankee and The New Yorker.... Gone are the days when we would probably get 8 to 10 a week. Some through going to digital subscriptions, some through the magazine going out of business and others by choice because the path the editiors chose to take the magazine down no longer connected with one or both of us
Ski/Skiing, Down East, National Geographic, & Yankee were the only magazines in our place for 20-30 years

cdskier

I so remember eagerly checking the mailbox every afternoon I got some from school in late Spetember anxiously awaiting the gear guide to show up.

I think the only print magazines my wife and I still get are our alma mater alumni magazines, Ski Area Management, Golf Digest, Yankee and The New Yorker.... Gone are the days when we would probably get 8 to 10 a week. Some through going to digital subscriptions, some through the magazine going out of business and others by choice because the path the editiors chose to take the magazine down no longer connected with one or both of us

I used to love waiting for the annual gear guide.

Only print magazines I get today are Wine Spectator and Edible Finger Lakes (which focuses on local food, wine, beer, etc in the Finger Lakes that I enjoy keeping up with).