• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski New England Bitch thread

nhskier1969

Shelter place after a few weeks sucks. Not skiing in New England during the best part of the year(mid march to mid april) really sucks. So I wanted to Create a bitch thread for things you hate about resorts in New England.
A couple I have thought of:
Wildcats base lodge to far away from the quad.
poling Reverse Traverse at Sugarbush in a head wind.

skiur

New England doesn't get enough snow and it's elevation is too low.

Newpylong

The fact we get a foot of snow and know full well it's going to be gone the next day. In the middle of winter.

jimk

If you don't live in New England you probably haven't earned the right to bitch in this thread, so I'll post some bitchin' New England photos instead;-)
MRG:
667x500px-LL-7ca41662_DSCF1367.JPG

Pico
900x900px-LL-934bbf9c_BKandVT2011237.jpg

Sugarbush
900x900px-LL-5769f439_Copy+of+DSCF1209.jpg

Wildcat
900x900px-LL-79d4c732_WILDCAT.jpg

Whiteface
Copy of DSCN3231.jpg

Cornhead

big_vert

kingslug

I admit im not a big fan of Eastern skiing..yet i go every week when im not out west or Europe. What skiing these sometimes crappy conditions does for us is it allows us to handle any condition no matter where we are. If im out west or Europe and its raining..or socked in by fog, or icy moguls..its no problem. Fair weather skiers and boarders ..maybe not so much. I know people who live here but will only ski out west. They dont do very well when things turn to shit. They want blue skies and powder..or theyre in the bar. Ok. Im out there.

tumbler

Shelter place after a few weeks sucks. Not skiing in New England during the best part of the year(mid march to mid april) really sucks. So I wanted to Create a bitch thread for things you hate about resorts in New England.
A couple I have thought of:
Wildcats base lodge to far away from the quad.
poling Reverse Traverse at Sugarbush in a head wind.

If Reverse Traverse is something you bitch about you clearly know nothing about SB. Are you going to complain about the stairs from the parking lot too?

urungus

If Reverse Traverse is something you bitch about you clearly know nothing about SB. Are you going to complain about the stairs from the parking lot too?

Yes ! I guess I “know nothing about SB” ... is there some way to avoid them ?

cdskier

Yes ! I guess I “know nothing about SB” ... is there some way to avoid them ?

Sure...walk up the driveway on the left side of Clay Brook! :lol:

PS...I'm amazed wind can even get to Reverse Traverse...that's a pretty sheltered trail.

EPB

This never occured to me. Thinking about it, cat is one of the better setups.
I don't mind it either. That lodge has the worst water I've ever had at a ski area and used to smell like urine everywhere you went (much better now), but too far from the lift wasn't ever a concern for me.

As far as lodge placement goes, Stowe leaves much to be desired. Not like there's an obvious solution though.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app